🍰 Part 9: Who's Knocking on the Door this Late at Night?

♡ Elena's pov:

As I slowly opened my eyes, all I saw was the vast white empty void, looks like I was back to see some more dreams. I patiently waited for everything to appear again, and it did. It was the same classroom and same person in the back. When I saw her I realized she was still laying her head on the desk. About the same time I arrived from last time.

Then I heard the bell again, just like last time. Then, I saw her get up, I finally got a good look at her appearance. She was still wearing the navy uniform, I realized she was just a bit shorter than me, and her bangs covered her eyes so I wasn't able to see about half of her face. But other than the bangs, she looked like a normal student. She immediately got out of her seat, grabbed her bag and started to leave the classroom. The scene then shifted to her walking down the hallway. while she was walking down the hallway she passed a few people, who I'm assuming were faculty of the school.

I heard them. whisper to each other,
"Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that the rebellious student you were warning me about? Her name is Elena, right?"

Did I just hear that right, Elena? The girl had the same name as me. Now that I think about it, she does have the same hair color as me, and we are almost the same height. Could this be a memory I had forgotten?..... It has to be! Maybe I'm recovering my memories by dreaming? I don't really have time to think about it right now, I want to see where this goes.
(Quick author's note: I will continue to refer to dream Elena and NRC Elena as 2 different people, it makes it easier to write)

"Yes, that is."
"Why is she still here? Since school ended so long ago?"
"She probably had to stay for detention, she skipped class again."

I frowned, why were they just blatantly talking bad about a student in the open? Especially since she was in hearing range. I looked at her, she had stopped, I think she was shaking. She immediately started running down the hallway towards the exit, I think she heard them. Dang I guess some things don't change.

"There she goes again, breaking another school rule."
"No running the the hallway?"
"Yep."

I quickly followed behind her, we had to run for quite a bit though. We passed some convenience stores, parks, and even restaurants. Then finally she stopped, in front of an apartment complex, she typed in a code and entered the building. She went up some flights of stairs until she reached the 3rd floor, she passed a few doors, then she finally stopped in front of one. She dug into her book bag and took out a pair of keys, she had to test a few but she was able to unlock the door. Then, the scene immediately changed to her taking off her shoes and heading inside her apartment. It was a very normal one too , it had a kitchen with a table, a small living room, and a few doors in a hallway, near the kitchen.

So....., this is what my life was like before appearing in Twisted Wonderland. It seemed so, normal, yet it gave me such a sorrow feeling. I guess I fought a lot in my school years, kinda makes sense since I some fast reflexes.

I saw her immediately head to the hallway with the doors, I'm assuming her room was there. She immediately closed the door behind her and, I heard her crying. Understandable, I guess over the years I had to learn how to toughen up. Then the crying suddenly stopped, I heard her door open slowly and then.....

Elena's pov:

I slowly opened my eyes, eh? What was that?Is that knocking coming from the entrance of the dorm? Strange? Who would be here this late at night?

"Munyaaaa... Hey, Elena, it seems like we have a late night visitor." Grim said as he begrudgingly sat up from his position.

They knocked again.