🍰 Part 16: Meeting Mr. S

♡ Elena's pov:

"Hey! My lost little demons, how is it going?"
A voice suddenly shouts from behind one of the counters. We instantly turned our heads to the direction of the voice.

The shop owner was a decently tall man with a patched up hat with a red ribbon tied on. He was wearing a dark violet suit jacket and a bright pink shirt that had a skeleton rib cage printed white. He also had white face paint on his forearms and cheeks that was also skeleton themed. It seems like he fit the aesthetic of his shop perfectly.

"Welcome to Mr. S's Mystery Shop. What can I do for you today?" He continued, he started to list lots of obscure items that he apparently sells? But we aren't interested in that right now. We need to get those items for Trey.

"Ffgna! You scared me!"
Grim mumbles as he crosses his paws(?) together.

"We would like the items written on this list, sir."
I say as I hand him the list of ingredients.

Grim suddenly climbs on my back and shouts.
"And some cans of tuna!"

"Ignore him."
I say as I cover his mouth (for like- the third time)

"We don't need tuna."
The navy-haired student adds.

Sam takes the list and reads it out to us.
"What what? Whip cream, eggs... A nice sweet line-up. Ok! Coming right up."
He then leaves us to go to the back of his store, leaving the three of us in silence.

"Ooooh... he really does have the ingredients."
Deuce mumbles to himself.

I guess Mr. S seems to work by himself. I haven't seen any employee's... oh- so that's why he wants more help. So that he can probably give items to students faster.... Dang it, I'm still thinking about that tall figure. Who was that?... damn my amnesia this is annoying.
I silently curse to myself.
Shit I also have to go clean the school for Crowley. I really need that money too...

"Sorry bout that wait."
Mr. S's jolly voice brings me back to reality.

"Huh? Oh no it's fine."
I quickly reply to him.

"It'a a bit heavy." He says as he hands one of the brown bags to me, and one to Deuce.
"You got it?"

Me and Deuce nod in agreement.

"Hey! Let me make you a deal. If you order now, you can get a 1/100 size floating platter to carry your purchases for 30% off!"

I instinctively grab a struggling Grim and replied back. "No thank you Mr. S."
Then I headed out the door, with Deuce trailing behind me.

"Hey! Elena wait up." He shouts.

I stop in my tracks, then I gaze at him tiredly, and released Grim from my grasp.

"Jeez... that store was crazy."
Deuce sighs as we start to slowly walk down main street.

Grim sounded and looked grumpy.
"Tssk, you 2 are stingy."

"Who're you calling stingy?" The navy-haired first year questions as he stares down at Grim.

He sighs then turns his head to me.
"Hmmm. Elena, that bag of cans look pretty heavy."

He says as he points to the brown bag I was carrying.

"Here."
He then, gently pries the bag from my hands and smiles.
"I'll carry it. I'm used to carrying heavy stuff anyway."