11. 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘩

CHAPTER ELEVEN.

BIRTHDAY BASH

"This doesn't look like 'a small get-together.'"

Mitch was right. Angeline's birthday party had officially started twenty minutes ago and Paige's house was already filled with teenagers desperate to have a good time. She sat in the passenger side seat, her favourite little black dress on and and her hair and makeup done to look nothing less than professional.

She shot the man beside her an apologetic smile. "Okay, so it might be a little bit more than a few friends..."

"No shit," Mitch scoffed, running his large hand across his chin as he watched a group of guys walk up the long drive to the front door.

"Look, I'll walk home with Ciara and I'll be no later than, like, three. You don't have to wait up for me, just put the gate on pin-mode or whatever and I can just buzz myself in," Angeline proposed, not looking at him as she pulled down the sun visor to reapply her cranberry lipstick in the mirror.

"I'll be waiting," Mitch said. "No longer than three."

"Okay, deal. Thanks, Mitch." Angeline slid her phone into the small bag she had brought with her and flung it over her shoulder. "See you at three."

She heard him sigh as Angeline pulled open the door and climbed out onto the pavement, the warm night air causing goosebumps to momentarily rise on her bare arms. Mitch didn't pull away from the curb until Angeline was all the way at the front door and being pulled into Paige's arms.

"You're here," Paige grinned. "And you look hot as fuck, birthday girl."

"Thanks, Paige," the brunette replied, reciting similar words back to her friend. "Are Ciara and Darcy here yet?"

"Mhm. They're somewhere on the dancefloor." The blonde girl dragged her by the wrist to where the bar was, pouring her a shot. "First shot of alcohol as an adult. Go ahead."

Angeline smirked a little, clinking the shot glass against Paige's before the pair of teenagers both downed the alcohol. It warmed Angeline's chest and made her throat feel a little tighter, but in a way that had her craving more. She wanted to forget about how her family had forgotten her birthday and there was no better way to do it than with alcohol, good music, and her friends.

"Another, another," Angeline cheered above the loud music.

She waited for Paige to pour another as she leant against the bar behind her, looking at all of the flashing neon lights casting around the house. Hundreds of rich teenagers were having the times of their lives and Angeline found herself watching all of them, silently deciding who would forever live off their parents money and who would have genuinely successful futures.

Most of them were all fake as hell, but there were some good ones out there. A few of them came up to Angeline to say 'happy birthday' as she drank next to Paige. Some people were already pissed, and if this was like every other party of Paige's, people were most likely smoking high outside by the pool or doing some Class A drugs down in the basement.

Hip-hop was playing through the speakers, the bass causing the entire house to vibrate as Paige and Angeline monouvered their way through the crowds of people to try and find the other half of their friends. Her brown eyes landed on a familiar mop of blonde hair and Angeline paused in her tracks.

"What the fuck are they doing here?" Angeline burst, causing Paige to stop.

Paige's blue eyes scanned the crowd, narrowing on Levi and Grace who were making out against one of the pillars, his hands squeezing her ass through the tight jeans she wore. Angeline felt anger ignite in her chest, wondering what the hell made them think that they could turn up to her birthday party after she had made it clear how much she despised the both of them.