Chapter 2: Spying

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Midas?" Skye knocked on Midas's bedroom door but nobody answered. She opened the door and saw that the room was empty. Skye walked around the Agency in search of him and found him sitting on the ground in front of Jules's room.

"Midas! What's wrong?" Midas wiped away his tears and told Skye what just happened.

"Jules too? Why?! Hmm...there's gotta be some reason. I'm sure she didn't mean all those things." Skye tried to reassure him but he still sat sulking.

In an attempt to cheer him up, Skye grabbed his arm, lifted him up, and dragged him to the Agency's living room. The living room was decorated with snow-colored curtains, a comfy white couch adorned with a border of golden embellishments and gold-colored pillows, a flatscreen TV, and a PS4.

"Here!" Skye handed Midas a PS4 controller and loaded up a game on the PS4.

"I'm not in the mood to play."

"It'll distract you. There's no point in sulking and worrying. I'm 100% sure there's a valid reason why the rest of GHOST abandoned us, and you're definitely not at fault."

"But what if I am?"

"Then I'll yell at them for being stupid and thinking that!"

Midas laughed. Skye smiled back. They played a couple rounds of a car racing game where you could hit people with cars and drive around the map while listening to popular songs on the car radio.

"Hey Skye, doesn't this game seem awfully familiar? These cars look like the vehicles we have here!" Midas noticed.

"You're right! Even the red gas tanks are the same! That's so weird....hahaha."

After playing games and eating ramen, it was almost 3pm. Midas and Skye had decided what to do for the rest of the day.

"Ok. Let's go." Midas said to Skye as they both stood outside the Agency with the sun shining down on their faces.

"The stuff that happened yesterday. It doesn't make sense. Let's go uncover the truth." Skye nodded.

Using a motorboat, they traveled to the Grotto where they speculated Brutus and the others would be and put on SHADOW disguises at the disguise booth.

"Wow there's so many people here. But I don't see anybody from Team SHADOW." Skye whispered while they were crouched and hidden.

"Wait. Shh!" They heard people walking by and talking.

"Man, the plans they came up with are great! We'll be one step closer to world domination. Everyone will kneel before us and anybody who comes in our way will be destroyed. HAHAHA!" Person #1 chuckled.

"Anyways, what are we going to do about those GHOST trash?" Person #2 asked.

"Eradicate them of course!"

"This is why we are friends. Mwahaha."

As they walked away, Skye and Midas looked at each other, baffled.

"Who's 'they'? I thought SHADOW wasn't a bad organization....surely Team SHADOW aren't like this." Skye pondered.

"We've known them for so long. They can't be behind this. Still, this means there's trouble brewing. We have to stop this."

Meanwhile, Person #1 and Person #2 had encountered an obstacle in their way.

"You're trying to stop us? Even though you're SHADOW? Ha! You don't deserve to be here. Move!" They attempted to push the girl to the side, but she continued to block their way.

"You asked for this!"

Bang! Suddenly, a gun was fired. Midas and Skye quickly moved towards the location of the sound.

They couldn't believe their eyes.

In front of them, Jules laid on the blood-spilled ground with her right hand pressed on the bleeding wound near her waist.