That night I couldn't sleep and since it was already late when Liam left, by the time I finally did manage to fall asleep, it was around 8am. To distract myself from the mix of emotions he left me with, I ended up binge reading Wattpad stories until my eyes could no longer stay open. Waking up around 4pm, I didn't feel much better and I was starving. Wanting to cheer myself up, I did my 'morning' routine and drove my ass to McDonalds. With the bag in hand, I excitedly walked down the hallway, looking forward to eating my food with some Netflix on, when I saw Liam with a girl about to enter his apartment. When he noticed me walking towards them he looked surprised, "hi" I said nonchalant while the girl glared at me, "hey" he replied with a guilty look on his face.

Our little staring contest was interrupted when, "come on, let's go inside" the girl suggestively said while wrapping her arms around his, "sorry, I'll let you get back to your" I stopped myself not really knowing how to finish the sentence, "date" the girl replied with plenty of attitude, "right, see you around" I said forcing a smile, before casually walking past them and into my apartment. After locking the door behind me, I placed the McDonald's bag on the kitchen counter and shoved a handful of fries in my mouth, feeling sorry for myself.

Nine days had passed and Liam was doing a great job at ignoring my existence. To top it off, I heard him bring a parade of different girls back to his apartment. How did I know? I had the pleasure of hearing their interactions, since he had a habit of leaving the balcony door open and the girls he brought back liked to be loud. I really didn't take him for a fuckboy, but then again I barely knew him. I often thought about kissing him and having his hands on me again, but part of me was glad we didn't have sex that night, "you deserve better" Sam said over the phone after I updated her, "yeah, I know" I replied with a sigh, "but enough about me, how's it going with the hot cowboy?" I asked excited.

Over text, Sam told me about this guy she used to go to school with and because he was helping around the farm, they got to spend a lot of time together. I was so happy to see her crush over him and from the sound of it, he seemed like a nice guy, "Pete asked me out" she confessed and I could tell she was smiling, "yes!" I cheered making her laugh, "he's taking me to a nice restaurant in town so I'm thinking of wearing a tight black dress" she explained and I couldn't help but smile, "my baby is all grown up" I dramatically said making us both laugh, "I really am happy for you Sam" I said in all seriousness, feeling proud of how she managed to get through a really shitty situation. After finishing our chat, I had the intention of reading a book, but getting fed up of hearing Liam's new girl moan, I went to bed.

Outfit: the below, white chunky platform heels
Hair: wavy, one side clipped back

The next day, on a sunny Wednesday morning, I stopped by the local bakery to pick up cupcakes for the team at work

The next day, on a sunny Wednesday morning, I stopped by the local bakery to pick up cupcakes for the team at work. Despite not being a fan of all my colleagues, I still wanted to treat the ones I did like and since it was Jen's birthday, I thought it would have been a nice gesture.

Exiting the shop with the cupcakes tray in hand, I made my way towards the car until, "excuse me" someone said, catching my attention. Turning around, the handsome guy who was also in the bakery, stood behind me, "you dropped this" he said while holding a set of keys for me to grab, "oh they're not mine" I politely explained, "I know, they're mine" he sheepishly said, "just needed an excuse to talk to you" he confessed, making me smile, "I'm Nate" he introduced himself, "Annabeth" I replied feeling interested, "would you maybe want to go out sometimes?" he asked and without hesitation, "yeah, I'd like that" I replied making him grin. Not wanting to be late for work, we quickly exchanged numbers and went our separate ways, "still got it" I thought to myself, gladly accepting the confidence boost I needed after whatever happened with Liam.

Having greeted everyone and with the cupcakes handed to the birthday girl, I checked my phone to see how long I had until my first appointment and was pleasantly surprised to find a text from Nate, "I didn't want to hold you up earlier, but you should know I find you very beautiful and if you need help finishing those cupcakes, I'm your guy". With a smile on my face, "you're very sweet, thank you and I'll try saving you one but no promises" I replied. Only a couple of minutes went by before a notification came up on the screen, "what's the address? I'll swing by after work" he wrote back, making me smile at the thought of seeing him again. Before replying I put my phone away so that I could quickly sort through some dresses from the main area's display, when, "oh mama, look at that hot piece of candy" Steph said to Lori before they shared a giggle. Looking in the direction they were looking at, my heart almost jumped out of my chest, "hey cupcake" Nate said after walking up to me.

Nate's POV

Walking into the shop, I had to take a double take to make sure my eyes were seeing right. Annabeth stood by a clothing rack, busy reorganising some dresses. I immediately headed in her direction with a big smile on my face, "please don't tell me you're engaged and your fiancée is here to find a wedding dress" she said all in one go once she saw me, "what? no" I replied amused after pulling a face, "that's oddly specific, has that actually happened?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. She gave me a sheepish look in response, confirming my assumption and making me laugh, "are you stalking me then?" she jokingly asked, "maybe" I replied with a wink, "it's my aunt's birthday so I wanted to come by and drop this before work" I explained while holding a birthday card up, "you're Jen's nephew?" she asked making me nod in response, "I would ask what you're doing here, but your name tag is a bit of a giveaway" I pointed out making her chuckle.

Annabeth's POV

Noticing a client walking in and assuming it was for me, "I have to go/" I started to say, but, "your client is here and just so you know, this is a work place so if you could keep your personal life outside of here, that'd be appreciated" Lori rudely interrupted me before walking away, purposely swaying her hips to give Nate a show, "wow ok, she's a delight" he sarcastically said, while I resisted the urge to take my shoe off and throw it at the back of her head, "isn't she just?" I replied matching his sarcasm and making us laugh. "I'll let you go, see you soon?" he asked with a smile, "I'm hoping so" I replied feeling a few butterflies. After he gave me a smirk, we waved goodbye and I tried my best to focus on work for the rest of the day, but he was all I could think about.