Chapter 1

Chapter 1- leaving

~hiccups pov~

The elder nods

"youve done it hiccup!  You get to kill the dragon!" gobber says excitedly.

My eyes widen.  I cannot kill the dragon.  I just cant. If i kill it toothless wont trust me again and if i dont i would betray the village...i would betray my father.  So i have to run away.  Thats the best thing to do right? 

I walked out of the arena and ran towards the forge and grabbed a basket.  I went to my little workshop in the back of the forge and grabbed my tools my drawings and work apron but in the end i just put everything on my desk in my basket.

I started to walk in my house. I sighed of relief when i did not see my dad.

*BANG* i hear a noise upstairs and i put down my basket and walked up the stairs slowly and opened my door slowly and i see...toothless on my bed.  "toothless?! what are you doing here?! " i asked shock to see the night fury in my room. 

I started hearing noises from outside and one voice i recognized out of all of them. I went to my window and saw my father walking to the house.  I ran back downstairs got the basket and hid it in my room.  "ok toothless you have to be quiet" i said softly. I started throwing everything in the basket.  Clothes, notebooks,  charcoal,  drawings,  you name it.  I looked over at my dresser and saw my dagger. As i was about to grab it i heard the door open and close from downstairs.  Uh oh.  Toothless started growing quietly.  "shhh bud its ok" i tried to reassure him. 

I grabbed my dagger but i didnt grab it by the handle i grabbed it by the blade by accident.  "ow! " i said hoping my dad didnt hear me. "hiccup?  Are you up there?" i hear his voice boom through the house.

Toothless got off my bed amd started walking towards me to see if im alright.  "hey bud im fine its just alittle blood." at the sight of blood toothless started going everywhere.  I dont know why though. But hes making a mess.  "toothless stop my dad is gonna hear you! " i whispered yelled at him. 

He didnt stop he kept going until a vase broke. My dad heard it shatter and started walking up the stairs. "hiccup? " i didnt reply to his call.  I strapped the basket to toothless and got on. My dad started to worry because i didnt reply.  But why would he worry? He has never cared about me before til i placed first in dragon training.

My dad started banging on the door louder and louder and yet again i did not reply. I looked down from toothless amd saw my dagger with blood on it, a trail of little blood,  and a night furies scale.  I didnt have time to pick it cuz my dad was banging so hard on the door that it started coming off the henges!

As i flew out the window my dad kicked open my door and i whispered "goodbye"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hey guys well this is my first chapter and i would really appreciate if you can comment and tell me how it is.

Thanks!

Bye! 

~megan