twenty five

It has already been three days since the news about Gulf and Podd's engagement broke. It is really final. Gulf's decision won't change. And even if he did change his mind, it will be all too late now because the engagement party is in two days. And only a week after that is their wedding. 

Why is it too fast? It is Mr. Sriphotong's idea to push through the wedding fast. The faster, the better. And Podd has no any violent reaction regarding the  matter. In fact, he and Gulf have been going out since Mr. Sriphothong wanted them to get close as they soon will be married. It feels like a dream come true for him. He can't believe that he is now dating the man he loves. He is now dating Gulf.

"Where do you want to go next, Gulf? Anything to buy? Just tell me, okay?" said Podd. They are now in the car, off to a date. It's been already days since they started dating. Podd has many plans for his dream dates but today, he asked Gulf who is unusually quiet today. Or maybe Podd just didn't notice that ever since they got engaged, Gulf lost the sparkles in his eyes which is one of the things why he fell in love for the young lad. He is nothing but a robot that answers only with a yes or no.

"Anywhere you like, I'm fine." said Gulf while staring outside the car, not even paying Podd a glance when he said that. Podd felt a little sting on his heart. He can feel it. He can feel that Gulf is just obeying orders, that Gulf is just going out or dating with him all because of the deal, and that Gulf is really not in love with him. But he promised himself that as long as he have Gulf, he will do everything to win his heart. To make him fall in love with him.

"I know where we'll be going." said Podd and stepped on the gas. He just thought of a perfect place where they can both enjoy and relax at the same time. 

When they both finally reached the place that Podd personally chose, he saw a genuine smile starting to curve on Gulf's face. They are still in the car but they can already see the beauty of the place. 

Gulf isn't aware that Podd is just staring at him while smiling. 

"I knew you would like it here." said Podd trying not to interrupt Gulf as he enjoys the calmness of the sea before them. It is the first place that came into his mind and he thinks that he just picked the right place because Gulf is totally starstruck. 

But when Gulf realized what Podd has said, he immediately returned to his poker face. For him, he doesn't want to give Podd the slightest idea that he enjoys his company because he is not. Instead of Podd, he is actually thinking that Mew is with him and not Podd. If Podd didn't speak, he wouldn't realized that he's only imagining things.

"Let's go breathe in some fresh air, shall we?" Podd invited Gulf. He immediately get off the car to open the door for Gulf but it's already too late. Gulf already got off the car. He awkwardly smiles at Gulf since he saw him rushing to the other side of the car. 

They are now walking by the seashore. The cool breeze of the sea is rather comforting and relaxing. They just kept walking. No one is speaking. Until Podd decided to open up a topic, just to break the ice.

"I grew up in a city and my family barely goes for a vacation. I brought you here because I wanted to spend a special day with you here." Podd smiles while staring at the sea. They are now both facing the sea as they watch how naturally it dances along with the waves, as if they got no problems to mind. Which Gulf is kinda jealous of. 

"Podd." Gulf called the other lad who is just standing next to him. He heard a hum from the lad who appears to be a little excited since he called his name.

"You already have me, okay? But don't expect me to give my heart as well. Don't expect me to return all your love because I am afraid I can't. I am sorry."