THE BEGINNING OF THE END

Jaci's pov

"Did you understand,what I just said Jaci?" asked Aunt Martha, in sign language. Martha is mute. She is my mom's best friend and also my boyfriend, Sam's mom. I don't know, when it started but, I can communicate fluently with all the dumb and deaf people, without any problem. “Aunt Martha, you know her better than me. Has she ever moved from what she says?” I said frustrated. She shighed and patted my back.

"You want me to talk to her again?"
she asked smiling. "You go and give this to Sam. I'll go talk to her." she said, pushing me towards the entrance of her house. I walked out of the door, looking for Sam. He works in the nearby hardware store. We had been friends since for ever, but he always was a flirt. And when I graduated, he finally asked me out on a date. Can't say I wasn't expacting it. Sam's an average looking guy, but with a very big heart, like ocean which is why I adore him.

“Hey Jaci, looking for Sam?” asked the manager of the store, Gary. “Yes, Martha send food for him. Is he in?” Sam might have heard my voice, as he came out to meet me immediately. “Hey wifey!” he said ruffling my hair. “Sam!?” I hit him in the chest. “Stop calling me that in public.” I glared at him, ambarrased. “What? Nobody is here except Gary and Gary doesn't mind. Do you Gary?” he said, placing his hand over my shoulder.

"But I do." I shrugged my shoulder, while Gary walked away chuckling. “Here's your food. My work is done. I'm leaving.” I said, handing him the parcel. “Hey hey hey, I was just messing with you Jaci. Come on, tell me the real reason why are you upset?” he said pulling me toward the back door of the store, where only the staffs are allowed.
“Mom” I mummered. He sighed and his face become serious. “I don't understand. Dad is gone. It's been years now, but she doesn't want to give up on that house, because it reminds her of him.

“Did she know about the Cyclone warning?” he asked, taking my hands.
I nodded my head. “Your mom is there, talking to mine.” I said. “Don't worry, everything's gonna be fine. Mom will definitely convince her. You start packing your things. And only important stuffs. Ok?” he said, kissing my hair and getting up, taking my hands. “You go ahead, I'll help Gary, wrapping few things and see you later. Alright?”

I nodded my head again and started walking back home. When I reached home, Martha was nowhere to be seen. “Mom?” I called. “Over here.” she responded from my bedroom. I walked toward my room. “What are you doing?” I asked her. “Oh. The storm warning. I'm packing the essentials.” she said, zipping my bag. “We are leaving with Martha and Sam?” I asked hopefully. She avoided my question and walked out of the room.

I followed her towards the kitchen. “Mom, where is your bag?” I asked folding my hands. “Baby, please don't force me. I already went through this with you yesterday and today with Martha. I can't leave everything behind. I promised your father, I'll take care of this house.” she said, preparing a sandwich, like she didn't just pissed me off. “Mom,you also promised to take care of me! Our area is in Red elert. We have to leave this place. If everything goes fine, we can come back. I'm sure dad won't mind.”

“What if there is nothing left for us to come back Jaci!?” she said, like a crazy woman. “Mom, do you hear yourself right now!? Even if you die down here, you don't want to leave? Mom,do you really love him more than me!? A dead person, more than someone still alive!? Your own flesh and blood?” I asked pacing the room. “What is wrong with you? Dad never wanted you to give up on living. He wanted you to move on. So move on mom. This is not love. Its simply madness!”

I yelled at her and went to her room, to pack few of her things. If I have to force her out of the house, I'll do it. “Jaci what are you...” We both stopped mid glaring, when we heard sirun. I looked at her wide eyes. “Your bag!” she screemed. I left her room and rushed towards mine, picking up my bag on my back and came back to pack her. “You leave that to me. Go and see if Marta and Sam are ready.” she said, pushing me out of the room.