Archery Lessons

(Sonic's POV)

That night I went to find my father's tribe, the descendants of his family. Most of my father's relatives survived that incident but some did not, at least that's what my guardians told me.

For centuries they taught me archery and I'm starting back to get good at this my whole life. The tribe lives in a now modern village in the forest during a few changes. The descendants call me the Living Ancestor which kinda seems funny because ancestors are supposed to be dead.

"Sonic, so glad you came." The chief said with a smile.

"Hey chief. How's your students?" I asked.

"They are doing well so far." The chief said, observing his young students doing their first level of archery.

"That's good. Got anything hard and challenging for me?" I smirked.

"Of course we do. Follow me." The chief brought me to a new shooting range with several targets, including moving ones.

Whoa, that's new. Okay, this will be very challenging but I'm sure as hell I can easily get a good aim without hesitating. Time to upgrade my archery skills.

"Moving targets? That's cheating." I chuckled.

"Well you need to learn how to hit them." The chief chuckled as well that I'm cocky.

"Like if an enemy moves around, it will be hard for me to aim at them?" I asked.

"Exactly. Your archery has been improved well but in real life it will get hard for you to what's coming." The chief explained to me and it does make sense that I've been doing the easy shooting instead of the hard way.

I took out my bow and arrows ready to fire. With a sharp vampire vision like an eagle, I aimed carefully at the moving target. Taking a deep breath, I fired my arrow through three in one shot. Sure, it would be faster with guns but arrows will do. Why I don't do guns? Because they make a lot of noise and it causes attention like an alarm blaring loudly. That's why I stick with bow and arrows instead because it has stealth.

Then I rolled and shoot at another target. I gave a smirk and then I reloaded my bow with two arrows and aimed at the other moving targets without missing. Boom! Perfect timing and perfect shooting.

"You make this too easy for me, chief." I said.

"Just wait and see. Here comes the new level" He pulled a lever and some targets began to fire at me now but I was fast to dodge them.

So I shot at the targets again while avoiding them and dodging them. Whoo! That was very intense! As I visualize the field of vampires with weapons in my mind, I used my calm mind and observe where to aim at. Yes! My vampire mode has upgraded me again.

"Not so tough now are you?" I smirked in victory.

"Impressive Sonic. Your father would be proud." The chief said.

"Yeah, if only he was alive to see me do this. But I'm your 'living ancestor' and you're the only ones of the family" I said with air quotes.

"I know you're feeling like you're lost but friendship is what matters most, Sonic. And who knows, maybe a beautiful girl entering your life can make your life better" The chief said.

"I wish, chief. I don't go for vampire girls because they just want my blood for immunity to sunlight. Mortal girls are the trickiest because I never met one." I said with a sad sigh and looked away to hide my sadness.

"We'll see about it. And good job on your training." The chief said and I went to pick up my arrows that I used.

"Tell me, do you believe that wolves were respected as brave hunters? Not just some werewolf supernatural." I asked.