Chapter 31

{a/n}

I've been in a terrible reading slump lately *sighs loudly*

ENJOY~

_______________________________________________________________

"I close my eyes, thinking that there is nothing like an embrace after an absence, nothing like fitting my face into the curve of his shoulder and filling my lungs with the scent of him."

― Jodi Picoult, Keeping Faith

4 Years Later

I huffed loudly while making my way to a cafe on the end of the street.

Fumes formed as I exhaled. It was snowing hectically. It was almost New Year. It hasn't been this kind of weather since I could remember.

The cafe stood at the end of the street welcoming his customer warmly. The television that hung in corner were on, playing a discussion show. There was no any customer in the cafe since the snow started to fall rapidly about a night ago, only the three of them sitting near the cake display.

"Hey!" Emily called me. I flashed a smile at the three of them.

"How's college?" Hydra asked as I took my seat. "Pretty good. But I have assignments to be done by new year." I shrugged.

"What kind of college that give kids assignments over break?" Nate sneered.

"My kind of college." I smirked at him.

"I'm hungry and I should be at home drinking hot cocoa. C'mon Finnick, bring the pie that you promised us!" Nate changed the topic and called Finnick, making the atmosphere at the cafe more alive.

Finnick owned this cafe. I didn't expected that he liked to bake until he opened this cafe two years ago. Maybe the pancakes that Hydra, Emily and him made that eventually burnt made him realized that he liked baking. He named the cafe, 'Amitié' which meant friendship in France. The place used to be Marcel's until the owner moved away.

Emily, well, she still didn't know what she wanted to be. She studied to be a flight attendance so she could travel the world without paying. To be honest, that was a pretty good idea, but she had to sacrificed by cutting her hair short, but she didn't mind, she hated her long curly hair anyways.

Hydra, well everyone know she would be a mathematician, no doubt.

Nate, our future politician. He studied politics in his private university. If he become a mayor, eventually, I hope he would stop drinking and stop allowing women who want his money to come in his life again. His was a great man, inside. He was smart and outgoing. He was still in progress and he did great.

"Did Eaton called you last night?"

I looked at Nate, hesitated, "Its been three weeks since he called." I muttered. "That's weird," He said, running his thumb on his chin. "He called me last night..."

Emily kicked his leg under the table and gave Nate a glare. Probably worried if I got offended that Eaton didn't call me last night.

"I mean, it's okay. Maybe he was busy." I said defensively. I stared at my finger where the ring at. In this dark and cozy surrounding, the diamond shone brightly, as if it wanted to say that she was the finest glory. It was true. The ring that I always wore to remind me someday, that Eaton would be home.

"Maybe he's busy. It's not like him to not call you." Hydra said, patting my hand.

"Here you go, mixed blue berries and raspberries pie." Finnick came out from the kitchen and announced. He served three of us with a proper manner as a pastry chef would do.