Ch. 17 |When life goes to sh*t|

Depuis le début

And his dad.

He walked in the room and saw everyone looking worried before looking at him.

"Pete..."

"I've already seen," he said with no emotion in his voice interrupting his dad.

"How did this happen?" Steve asked sounding angry, who was standing next to the couch that Tony was sitting on.

"I don't know. I..."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"No one was on that building with me, I would've known. And there weren't any security cameras on that building a month ago."

"If you had checked that building out properly before sitting down none of this would be happening," Steve said again, sounding just as angry as before.

Peter could see his dad looking at Steve like he was about to punch him in the face.

"I always sit on that building. It's always been fine."

"It was fine when you last went out. You've gotten lazy that's why people found out who you are."

"Steve," Tony said sounding almost as angry. "That's enough."

"He hasn't been out in almost eight weeks. Why are you fine with that? If any of us done that you'd be acting the same way I am."

"Not if you had a good enough reason not to be out."

"What's his reason is because he's a lazy teenager?"

"Stop talking."

"Or else what Tony? I told you it was a bad idea letting him go out, he's just a kid. I told you he was going to mess up. They probably put the cameras up after that kid tried to kill herself."

"Steve you need to stop," Pepper said after looking between Tony and Bruce who both looked uncomfortable after what Steve said.

Though Tony was more angry.

Peter knew Steve was talking about him. It was on the news that night that Tony saved a teenager. Though the teenager was never identified.

"I'm sorry Bruce," he said, he sounded like he'd calmed down a little.

"I'm gonna go to bed," Peter said quietly as he started to walk out the room.

"Don't ever, talk to my kid like that again," Peter heard his dad say, he knew he was talking to Steve.

Peter walked back into his room only to hear his phone ringing. He closed his door before he picked up his phone. It was Ned.

He just put his phone down and got into bed. He lay on his back staring at the ceiling for a while, he wondered how he could go back to school.

He got enough attention for being Tony's son, he didn't need more for being SpiderMan.

••

Peter walked down the stairs in the morning, he walked into the kitchen and made himself some toast. At first he didn't think anyone else was up. Until his senses told him someone was walking into the kitchen.

He turned around to see Natasha.

"Morning Pete," she said as she made herself a bowl of cereal.

"So what happens now?"

"You keep trying to be a normal kid."

"Yeah because I've totally been able to manage that so far in my life," Peter said sarcastically causing Nat to smile.

"Then just keep being your not normal self."

"That's not what I meant," he said as he took a bite out his toast.

"I know. I don't know what happens now."

Though the elevator doors soon opened. And Nick Fury walked out.