Kweeny, I hope you are okay? Which hospital are you at? Text me the address,I'm on my way.
11:23pm

He definitely couldn't make it here this late. Knowing Fred, he would try and make it here if I didn't stop him. He probably thought I was hurt or something.

I am fine okay, don't bother coming tonight. Let's talk tomorrow please. Freddy,please don't risk it.
11:24pm

I heard a slight knock on the door and instinctively, I got up from the bed and stood beside him, not wanting whoever was at the door see me sharing a patient's bed. The door opened to reveal Dave's mom and Dr.Adesua.

"Good evening ma," I greeted,wiping off the tears from my face. She made straight to her son and held his hand tightly. She cried uncontrollably and a part of me wanted so much to console her,but Dr.Adesua beat me to it.

"He will be okay," she reassured her. My phone gave off another notification again and I pulled it out to read it

Okay,I will see you tomorrow morning. I have something important to tell you. Until we meet and talk, please don't come back to campus okay. Stay safe kweeny
11:34pm

"Come here," Mrs.Johnson said gesturing to me with both hands. I dropped my phone beside Dave and hurried in her direction. As I got close enough, she engulfed me in a warm embrace while sobbing the whole time. I could feel she was barely holding it together, I wanted to comfort her. I reciprocated by holding her tightly too. Dr.Adesua excused herself and left the room.

"I heard you were there for my son," she said, releasing her grip on me. "I can't thank you enough."

"We were together when it happened and I couldn't just leave him alone. I was really scared." I said, in between sniffling sound.

"Are you friends with my son?"

"We were just getting to know each other better," I said, unsure of what to say next.

"I'm glad he has a friend like you during this time of his life," she said, staring at Dave, worry etched on her face. I didn't know what to make out of her sentence but I managed a smile in response. We talked for a couple more minutes and we both drifted to sleep on the sofa.

*****

I woke up to the bright rays of the morning Sun scorching on my skin as if I was out tanning. I looked at Dave's direction,hoping to see some improvement of some sorts, but nothing. I noticed Mrs.Johnson wasn't beside me,neither was she in the room. I got up and walked in to the bathroom to wash my face.

I heard someone step into the room and I made my way out of the bathroom to see who it was.

"Freddy?" I said, surprised. How did he know I was here? I didn't tell him where I was. He turned and flashed me a smile immediately he saw me. I really missed him.

"Are you okay? What's wrong with him?" He asked, pointing at Dave. I buried my face in his chest and started crying. I couldn't explain all what I went through emotionally but maybe my tears could.

"I don't know, Fred but he's really sick,"I managed to say. He hugged me and started patting my back softly. That seemed to calm me down.

"How did you know to find me?"

"Tracey called me and asked me to deliver this to you," he said,raising the bag he was holding. "Something came up and she needed to be somewhere else"

Well at least she sent me some clothes and underwear too. I wished she prepared something for me to eat too. My stomach was rumbling silently.

"Kween,we need to talk," he said,gesturing for us to seat down. I dropped the bag beside Dave's bed and gave him my undivided attention.

"Okay, I'm listening."

"You know Uche? My roomm..."

"Your roommate,"I said completing his statement."yes I know him,what about him?"

"He was stabbed yesterday evening around 8pm in our room. He's responding to treatment though"

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed, covering my mouth with both hands,not to disturb Dave."What happened?" He stared at me as if he was unsure of what to say next.

"The people that did that to him came looking for us."

"What do you mean by us?" I asked, rather confused

"Remember that guy that confronted us at Iya-azeez joint about that girl? Well it turns out Judith wasn't her real name after all and they are coming after us instead."

It didn't seem like he was joking. His eyes held fear in them and I was beginning to get scared too. Of all the things to get entangled with, this? Cultists?

"But why? Why us? What should we do?" I asked, hoping he'd have all the answers figured out.

"We have to run Kween," he said,as a matter of fact.

Run? Has it gotten to that? I asked myself, mentally. I looked at Dave on his bed and I couldn't bare to leave him alone. What if something happens to him while i was gone? I don't think I would forgive myself. A knocking sound brought me out of my thoughts and Fred and I stared at the door.

A light skinned lady,probably my age, stepped into the room. Her gaze was on Dave, ignoring our total existence. Her fashion sense wasn't ordinary, she looked elegant and extravagant from her dressing. She held a worried look as she moved closer to Dave's bed.

"Who are you please,"I  asked politely. She turned around, a little startled and greeted us. Well, I wasn't expecting that, I guess I was too early to judge her.

"I am Dave's fiancee, my name is Julia,"she said, stretching out her hand for a handshake. Okay, I take that back, I wasn't early to judge her at all. She's a b***h.

These chapter is loooooonnnnnngggggg!! Please let me know what you think of this chapter okay? Thank you so much. Keep voting! Keep commenting