PAST

Special shout out to @Ovuoroh1, @Riri, @Aggy @ubima001 @jaganjastyle @zahrachubi @Kween😊..Thanks for the lovely comments and votes

Dave's POV

I hurried out of the library without sparing her another look. My heart beat was spiking and I needed to get away from her. There was something about her that gave me a nervous feeling. Agreeing to go on a date with her, wasn't entirely out of place,I needed to know if she was really Sophie or not.

I needed to cancel my appointment with Dr.Adesua. I was sure she would be glad if she knew the reason. I couldn't wait to tell her Sophie wasn't a dream anymore but I needed to get my facts right before doing that. I took out my phone and left her a message.

I'm cancelling Friday okay. I have to meet with someone. Can we do Monday?

It's been a while since I went on a date and I really wasn't looking forward to it. I just needed to reject her again, if she wasn't who I thought she was. She wasn't the first to confess her feelings to me after all. I was sure she wanted my money too.

"What's up Dave? Can I talk to you for a minute? " Mike said, taking me away from my thoughts. Mike was one of the friends I pushed away after discovering my situation. He was my roommate too, until, I pushed him out.

"What for?" I asked, almost immediately with a straight face. He gestured for me to follow him and I did.

"Look, it's about Julia and I wanted...."

"What about Julia? Mike, I really don't have time okay " I cut him off.

"I clearly don't have time either, my exams are around the corner". He snapped back, making me a bit surprised. Mike rarely gets angry.

"As much as I hate standing here with you,I have to, because it's important. Julia is my sister. "

"Fine, what about Julia? Is she okay?" I said, trying to calm him down. Creating a scene is the last thing either of us would want to do. I believe Lagos state university will be in an uproar for weeks if we did. We're quite popular.

"What really happened that night, at the party, Dave? Please tell me the truth".

I really don't know why he was asking me this, all of a sudden. He looked quite serious and we were no longer in the kind of relationship where I could easily tease him to calm him down. My phone gave a notification sound and I grabbed it to check it.

No Dave, we can't do Monday. How about you drop by tomorrow instead? For both our sakes, that someone better be worth it, because i'm squeezing you into a very tight schedule tomorrow.

Dr. Adesua never ceased to amaze me. Sometimes she act more like a teenager than her adult self. I put away my phone and stared at the impatient Mike, growling at me.

"I told you everything about that night already. I had a little too much to drink and I passed out.The next day was a blur for me because I couldn't remember anything."

"Did you sleep with my sister that night or not?" He asked, grabbing me by the collars.

"I don't know Mike," I said honestly trying to loosen his grip before he chokes me. "All I know is that, she was with me when i woke up the next day."

The last statement seemed to calm him a little, as he released his tight grip on me. I started coughing and trying to catch my breath. who said Medical students were gentle?

"Julia is pregnant Dave, and she says you are responsible."
I started coughing more vigorously. The words that came out of Mike's mouth made it hard for me to breathe. Is he joking or what? Pregnant? For me?

"What are you talking about Mike."I said between sniffling voice. "What do you mean by, I am responsible? "

"I really don't have the time to banter words with you right now Dave. You chased all of your friends away without any reason and now, I can't stand you. You can talk it out with Julia when you get to your apartment, I dropped her off there before coming here". He said in a scornful manner.

"You did what? Why would you leave her there? What do you. .."

"You better not leave my sister alone on the streets of Lagos. If anything happens to her, I will kill you myself." he threatened, as he walked away.

"Either ways, I will soon die." I mumbled to myself.

How can life be so funny? I'm a ticking bomb waiting to explode at anytime, I saw a girl, who looks exactly like the girl I wished all my life to see in reality and now, I'm going to be a father? I really don't want to go to my apartment right now.

I tried so hard to remember that night but it was still blurred in my memory. I remembered going to the party with Mike, Julia, Andre and Agatha. We splitted up almost immediately on arrival. Julia tagged along with me, Mike and Agatha went to join the crowd while Andre went to get drinks. Had a few drinks and that was all I could remember. I woke up the next day with a serious hangover and when I tried to reach for my phone on the other side of the bed, I felt someone else with me.

Julia was fast asleep beside me. I didn't think much about it, since we probably got wasted together. I grabbed my phone and tiptoed out of the room, not wanting to wake her up. We never spoke about that night again, save for the day Mike confronted me because he claimed to have seen me stepping out of Julia's room. I told him we got wasted and fell asleep and that, nothing happened.

Now, I was beginning to think that, alot happened that night and I was very much in the dark. I couldn't meet any of them now because of the way I treated them. I needed to speak with Julia first.

" I can't believe my last days are going to be this noisy.What am I going to do about this date I got myself into?" I mumbled.

Hey dreamers, hope you enjoyed this chapter? Don't forget to vote and comment...thank you 🙌🙌