epilogue

After failed resuscitation, Agent Stella Keller died en route to the hospital at exactly 2:34 AM. She suffered from massive blunt force trauma to the head, and the force from the blast ripped her legs to shreds. She died ultimately from a hemorrhage and blood loss.

Her funeral was attended by her aunts, uncles, and cousins, as well as her loving boyfriend and the rest of her team.

At Stella's funeral, multiple people from the team gave speeches about how Stella has affected their life.

Let's start with Emily Prentiss.

Wow, I uh, I don't even know where to begin. When I first met Stella, I found her very interesting. At first, she was closed off and didn't really talk much. I tried to become friends with her, and slowly but surely, we created an unbreakable bond. Stella was one of my best friends. I um, I never thought that I would be standing here right now, giving this speech. But, as Stella would say, God has a plan, and this just happened to be hers. I love you Stella, and I sure will miss you.

Next, we have Derek Morgan.

Stella and I created a bond instantly when she first made it up to the BAU. I was there with her through her trauma after a few incidents on the job. We had a great platonic friendship, and I always had a good time when I was with her. There was this one time where we were in the elevator and had the most serious conversation, and then she cracked a joke and we just bursted out laughing. We had a lot of moments like those. Those moments, I will never forget. I will never, ever forget you, Stella.

And finally, Spencer Reid.

W-Wow. This is really happening. I don't even know where to begin. This woman, right here, is the love of my life. My other half. My soulmate. She made me laugh when nobody else could. Her understood my issues, my logic, my humor, and she loved my magic tricks. I don't think anybody knew this, but one day before this all happened, she asked me to be her boyfriend. We had just made things official, after a year of testing the waters. Her words, not mine. Stella is one of the best people I have ever met, and I will probably ever meet. Stella, I love you so, so much.

-

After the funeral, Derek fell into a depression. He blamed himself for forgetting to tell her jump out of the ambulance, and for not trying to do something while waiting for the ambulance. For not acting quick enough.

He didn't return to work for two weeks, and spent a lot of time at the shooting range, taking his anger out on the body shaped targets.

Penelope also blamed herself for not being strict enough on the directions, not giving them enough time. For someone who is usually so happy and cheerful, Garcia was very sad and lonely for months. No jokes were cracked, there was no banter between her and Morgan for months. On cases involving bombs, she often cried in her office while she wasn't on with the team. Although returning to work with the rest of the team aside from Spencer and Derek, she definitely wasn't ready.

The moment she stepped into her office, she broke down at the sight of her things, some of which Stella gave her. It took both Emily and JJ to try and calm her down.

As for Spencer, he still hasn't made it to the fifth stage of grief. After the funeral, Spencer locked himself in his apartment for two weeks, not letting anyone in or out. He trashed his apartment, cried at everything that reminded him of her.

Eventually, he had a relapse. He began using dilaudid again. When he used it, it took him back to a time when he was with Stella. A time when he was happy.

Nobody knew until JJ forced herself into his apartment 2 weeks after the funeral. She dragged him to multiple Narcotics Anonymous meetings.

JJ would never forget when she saw Spencer for the first time since the funeral. His hair had grown longer than ever before, his facial hair was extremely scruffy, and he reeked. She forced him to shower and shave, and then took him to a meeting.

Thankfully, he hasn't relapsed since.

Spencer returned to work 2 months later, but refused to go into the field until about 6 months back on the job. He just couldn't handle the stress of chasing after an unsub.

Everything reminded him of Stella.

-

The BAU was a dark and gloomy environment for a very long time for everyone.

Until yesterday.

Yesterday, Stella's entire team huddled around the wall of plaques that contained members of the FBI who died while serving to protect their country.

Spencer was granted the honor of hanging Stella's picture on the wall, to keep her memory in the BAU forever.

"To the best person to ever walk through those doors. I love you, Stella."

Yesterday, Spencer smiled for the first time in a long time.

-

a/n:

this concludes one night stand <3