eight

stella's pov:

spencer: did you just knock on my door?

i read his text, confused.

stella: no, why? i'm still at quantico.
spencer: that's weird. it sounded just like your knock.
stella: who is it?

i don't get a response. maybe he fell asleep. i head up to hotch's office and show him the note.

"i think he's after me." i mumble.

hotch looks up at me and says that he will look into it.

"i'll put a patrol car outside your apartment tonight, just to be safe." hotch says.

i nod, and head back for the elevator. i check my phone, and i still don't have a text from spencer. i decide to call him.

i click on the call button and it rings. no answer. i can him again. no answer.

this isn't like spencer. at all. he would wake up to his phone. i'm gonna head over there and check on him.

-

as i pull up to the front of his apartment, i see his car, so he couldn't have left.

i get to the front door and it's cracked. my palms get sweaty as i push open his door, and see books on the ground, a glass broken, and a gun on the ground.

"spencer?" i yell, hoping he's sleeping. i run into his room and i don't see him. this isn't good.

i decide to call hotch.

"hotchner."

"you have to get to reid's apartment right now. he texted me asking if i knocked on his door because he told me i could always come over if i was scared because of the note and i said i didn't and he never replied, so i called him and he didn't answer so i came here and... he's not here." i manage to say, through soft sobs.

"keller, slow down. i'm on my way. do not leave. call the rest of the team." hotch says. i can hear shuffling in the background, probably him trying to hurry.

"okay i will." i hang up and call the rest of the team and they're here within minutes.

prentiss gets here first and i walk up to her and hug her tight, crying over her shoulder. spencer and i may have had our problems, but him and emily are my closest friends.

once the rest of the team gets here and hugs are shared, we immediately get to work.

"there is a broken lamp on the floor, and books scattered, so there was definitely signs of a struggle." morgan observes. i continue to look around his apartment. while i'm in the kitchen, i see a note, in the same handwriting as the notes i've gotten.

spencer,

i know what you two are.
looks like i drew the short stick for you.
                                              -s

i cover my mouth with my free hand, dropping my cell phone, making everyone turn their heads in my direction. "guys, look at this."

everyone walks over and i continue talking. "it's the same handwriting as the notes i've been getting. and he seems like he's been stalking me for a while now, because he thinks that spencer and i have something going on, which we don't. the snowman took him."

"it's starting to look that way. the only problem is, we don't know the snowman's identity." prentiss states from behind me.