Chapter 14: End of the Year

🌺⚡Lily's POV⚡🌺

I wake up and look around the room. I see I'm in the hospital wing and not the room with the mirror.

I look over and see cards on my bedside table, and a vase of flowers. I smile slightly and slowly sit up in bed. At the end of my bed I see another small table full of candies and cards.

I look over and see Harry is still asleep and also has candies and cards. I look down at myself and see I'm in a white long sleeve nightgown and my hands are bandaged up.

I hear someone sitting up next to me and look over to see Harry putting on his glasses. He looks at me and smiles. I smile back and look out toward the door to see Dumbledore walk in.

"Good afternoon Harry, Lily," He says as he walks over to our beds.

"Ah. Tokens from your admirers," Dumbldore says as he motions to the candies, cards, and flowers.

"Admirers?" Harry asks.

"What happened down in the dungeons is between you two and Professor Quirrell, and is a complete secret. So, naturally, the whole school knows," Dumbldore says, making me smile slightly.

"I see your friend Ronald has saved you both the trouble of opening your chocolate frogs."

"Ron was here? Is he alright?" Harry asks.

"What about Hermione?" I ask.

"Fine. They're both just fine," Dumbledore says.

"What happened to the stone?" Harry asks.

"Relax dear boy. The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I have had a little chat and agreed it was best all around," Dumbledore says.

"But then Flamel, he'll die, won't he?" I ask sadly.

"He has enough elixir to set his affairs in order, but yes, he will die."

"How is it I got the stone sir? One minute we were staring in the mirror, then-" Harry starts.

"You see, only a person... who wanted to find the stone... find it but not use it. Would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas, and between us three, that is saying something," Dumbledore says, making me giggle slightly.

"With the stone gone, does this mean that Voldemort can never come back?" I ask.

"I'm afraid... there are ways in which he can return. Do you two know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have either of you touch him?" Dumbledore asks. I shake my head no and so does Harry.

"It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you both. And that kind of act leaves a mark."

My hand shoots up to my scar.

"No, no. This kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin."

"What is it?" Harry asks.

"Love. Pure love," Dumbledore says as he begins to leave. He stops at the foot of the bed and picks up a box.

"Ah, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit-flavored one. Since then I'm afraid I've lost my liking for them," He says as he looks inside the box.

"I think... it could be safe... with a nice toffee." He reaches into the box and pulls out one of the beans and pops it into his mouth.

"Hmmm.... Alas.... Earwax."