Prologue:

It was a cold dark night when a man emerged from the shadows and onto the street known as Privet Drive.

The man lifts up a small tube and opens it, making each street lamp go out, one by one, until only the moon dimly lights the street.

A certain cat meows nearby, catching the man's attention.

“I should have known you’d be here, Professor McGonagall,” the man says.

The cat then transforms into a woman who straightens her cloak as she walks over to the man.

“Good evening, Professor Dumbledore,” the woman, known as McGonagall, says. They begin to walk down the now dark street.

“Are the rumors true, Albus?” McGonagall asks.

“I’m afraid so, Professor. The good...and the bad..” Dumbledore says.

“And the twins?” McGonagall asks.

“Hagrid is bringing them,” Dumbledore says.

“Do you think it wise to trust Hagrid as something as important as this?” McGonagall asks as she looks at Dumbledore uneasily.

“Ah, Professor, I would trust Hagrid with my life.” Dumbledore says with a smile.

The two’s conversation is cut off by a bright light and the sound of an engine in the air.

The two professors look to see a flying motorcycle as it comes in and lands on the road with a small screech.
On it is a giant man with goggles. The man lifts up his goggles and faces the professors.

“Professor Dumbldore, sir. Professor McGonagall,” the man greets as he gets off of the motorcycle.

“No problems, I trust, Hagrid?” Dumbledore asks.

“No sir. Little guys fell asleep just as we were flying over Bristle. Try not to wake them.” Hagrid says as he walks over to the professors and hands Dumbledore two small bundles.

They start to walk to one of the houses and McGonagall grows skeptical.

“Albus… Do you really think it’s safe? Leaving them with these people? I’ve watched them all all day. They’re the worst sort of muggles imaginable. They really are-”

“The only family they have.” Dumbledore her cuts off.

“These two will be famous. There won’t be a child in our world who doesn’t know their names.” McGonagall says.

“Exactly. They are far better off, growing up away from all of that. Until the two are ready.” Dumbldore says as he places the two bundles on the doorstep.

Sniffles can be heard and Dumbledore turns toward Hagrid.

“There, there Hagrid. It’s not really goodbye, after all.” Dumbledore says and Hagrid nods.

Dumbledore bends down and puts a letter addressed to Mr and Mrs V. Dursley.

“Good luck, Harry and Lily Potter,” Dumbledore says.

That’s right......

Harry and Lily Potter......

This is the story of the two twins who lived......

My name is Lillian (Lily) Alice Potter….. 

I’m the girl who lived…

And this…..

is my story….