Chapter 13

My body felt completely shaken up after seeing him. I thought he'd leave me alone at least till the end of summer, clearly I was very wrong. I smiled weakly at Jake who had his hand on my shoulder in comfort.

'What are you? Gay as well!' He laughed.

'No, but I have respect for the people which are gay, they can do what they want with there lives, why can't you just leave Dan and Phil alone? Just because your life is clearly shit, it doesn't mean you need to take it out on these people. Get out.' 

'Why should I get out, I can be with my awful excuse of a son if I really wanted to.' He fought against Jake.

'I don't live with you, I try to be in your life as little as possible because I know you cannot accept my choices but for you to follow me!' I began to tear up. 

'Oh come on, stop being such a poofter grow some balls. Faggot.'

'Don't say that!' Pablo came running down the stairs. 'Dan is amazing!' 

'Oh Dan, your getting the younger ones thinking being gay is okay. Naughty.' He shook his head, the tears began to run down my cheeks and I looked up at the staircase, seeing Phil run down towards me. 

'Shush it's ok.' Phil whispered, giving me a hug. 

'You couldn't be more gay if you tried!' He laughed.

'Well dad, thats good. Because I am gay!' I screamed, as Phil continued to hug me, whispering sweet nothings to me.

'I think you should leave, Mr Howell.' Phil released me and walked over to him.

'Sure, but one thing-.' Before anybody could react, my so called dad punched Phil in the face, hard. Making a loud smack noise.

'Get out!' Jake shouted.

The man laughed before walking out the house, leaving Smit standing in silence and Phil rubbing his cheek. 

'I'm so sorry.' 

'It's not your fault he's so horrible.' Phil mumbled, 'but I love you, ok?' 

'I love you.' I pecked his lips, then looked to see Smit had vanished, thank god.

An ice pack and a few tissues later, we all sat in the kitchen area waiting to leave for the first activity of the day.

-

We did archery first, but with the history of me and Phil playing archery, we requested sitting out. So we sat on the bench nearby where they played.

'I'm sorry.' I whispered. 

'Why?' Phil looked up, he had been drawing before hand.

'For me, my family.' 

'It's not your fault!' He laughed, putting his head on my shoulder. 

'I just feel like all I do is cause the issues. Like your life would be so much easier without me.' I looked down.

'Daniel James Howell-Lester you are the only person in this world that I love, only person I care for, only person I live for. Life without you, it wouldn't be worth living.' 

'Phil.' I whispered.

'What?' 

'I love you.'

'I love you my cuddly bear.' He giggled.

'So what are you drawing?'

'Nothing, just doodling, by the way, I have to go for a little while, today so after lunch I will be then gone until dinner.'