"Well you're deadass wrong. You know, she had to go through a lot just to try to get over you. Don't. Fuck. This. Up." He enunciated his words as he lead me into an apartment building.

"You care about her a lot." I acknowledged.

"Dude, I was the one taking care of her the last four years while you ran around doing whatever you wanted. I made sure she didn't just eat McDonalds every day. I pushed her into therapy and being adventurous when all she wanted to do was curl up into a ball and run back to you. She's like my little Chia Pet fully bloomed now." Chris happily sighed as he shoved his key into the door knob.

It should bother me that Chris cares about her so much, maybe even loves her when she said otherwise. But it doesn't. I'm glad she had someone aiding her through the hard times I put her through.

"Thanks." I genuinely spoke to Chris. "I'm glad she had someone so far from home."

Chris squinted his eyes for a moment before pushing the door open.

I glanced around the tiny studio apartment that was littered with clothing. The bed unmade. Dishes in the sink. The garbage overflowed to the point that the top just sat on an empty gallon of milk inside of the actual container.

Chris plopped down onto the small love seat and turned on the TV. "Start cleaning, lover boy."

I sucked it up and followed Chris orders blindly. Deep down, even as I scrubbed the dirty pot, I hoped it would make a difference. Even when I was mopping the floors I was picturing Ellie's lips curl upwards at the thought of me doing it.

It took hours to clean her tiny apartment. It was almost dark out at this point and I felt exhausted but I pushed myself to set up the flowers I picked out. I sighed as I rearranged each rose and daisy to mimic the first ones I had bought her.

"Alright, man. I'm going to call and see if she's almost done." Chris picked up his phone and put it on speaker.

"Chris, you're on speaker." Ellie huffed, "it better be important if you're calling me in the middle of this. I had to have Chelsea reach into my pants to get my phone."

I had to stifle my laughter at her irritated sweet voice.

"Just wondering how it's going." Chris shrugged as he motioned for me to leave the apartment with him.

"Well, we're five hours in and still have more than two to go. Chelsea is freaking insane. I don't know how she can deal with sitting here for this long." Ellie mumbled with a yawn.

I could hear a female giggle in the background.

"Wow. That's a new record for you. Stretch out your hand while you're on the phone with me. You don't want muscle cramps." Chris demanded only earning a grumble from Ellie.

"Your dad stopped in. Told me just to close up shop so you don't have to come back if you're busy."

"Aw. Now that you spent time with Lover Boy, you're kicking me to the curb?" Chris faked a groan while nudging me in the ribs.

I eyed him carefully, biting my tongue to its fullest extent.

Ellie loudly huffed. "Chris, What are you going on about?"

"I'm asking if I have a spot in your bed tonight."

I wanted to strangle him. After running around stores for an hour. Then cleaning Ellie's apartment for hours. This is what he decides to do? Make me live in silent torture while he flirted with Ellie?

"No. You don't." Ellie mumbled. "Love ya to death, Chris but no."

"Chris, you could come into my bed tonight." Chelsea purred, just as she had done in so many videos I watched over the years.