-What? What are we doing here? We need to go back – she tried standing up, but Gabriel stopped her.

-NO! – he yelled – You... you are pretty hurt.

-I am not, we almost had them – she jumped out of bed.

-Nathalie...

-Give me the brooch back.

-No.

-Gabriel... GIVE ME THE BROOCH BACK!

-I said NO!

-I AM FINE...

-NO, YOU ARE NOT.

She walked threateningly towards him.

-I AM FINE... I WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET THOSE MIRACULOUS! I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR YOU.

Gabriel pulled her towards his mirror, hurting her arm.

-OUCH! – she cried.

-LOOK AT YOU! – he said placing her in front of the mirror.

Nathalie looked at herself, her hair was a mess, there was blood coming out of her nose, there were bruises all over her face, her sweater was stained with blood. For the first time in a long time Nathalie felt shocked and defenseless.

-Look at you – repeated Gabriel in a slow voice. -You are seriously hurt, you are dying Nat.

-I don't care – she looked at his eyes – I would give my life for Emilie's.

-No – said Gabriel – No...

-I DON'T CARE.

-WELL I DO! – yelled Gabriel turning her around.

-Gabriel... - whispered Nathalie closing her eyes – I don't matter.

-OF COURSE, YOU DO.

-No, I don't.

-LOOK AT ME! – he pulled her face with his hands until she was a few inches away, staring at his blue eyes.

-I am nothing.

-Nathalie...

-I AM NOT, GABRIEL – she raised her voice.

-YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME, GOD DAMN IT!

Nathalie opened her eyes in surprise.

-YOU MEAN EVERYTHING TO ME; I CAN'T LOSE YOU.

She opened up her mouth but no sound came out.

-I CAN'T LOSE YOU – he shook her a bit, sending a shiver of pain all throughout her body. -I WOULD NEVER, EVER, EXCHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR HERS. I WON'T LOSE YOU.

Nathalie's eyes cloud up in tears. She was shocked beyond words, and the pain her body felt was unbearable.

-We will find a way, maybe, one day. But not at the cost of your life. Understood?

Nathalie's tears started running down her cheeks.

-UNDERSTOOD?

She slowly nodded.

-Now let me take care of those wounds.

She nodded again. Was he serious? were his words for real? Nathalie's thoughts were a mess. But she was certain about just one thing, she was going to let this man take care of her, even if it was just for one night.

Gabriel slowly drove Nathalie towards his bathroom and filled up his tub with mineral salts and water.

Nathalie felt weak. Gabriel slowly let go of her shoulders, but as soon as he took his hands out of her, her knees weakened and she almost fell to the floor. There was no way she was going to be able to undress herself.