While Gulf on the other hand, expected everything to turn out like this. He already expected the hatred he could get once they came to know about the news of him and Mew breaking up and then followed by an engagement with Podd. Who in the right mind would not hate Gulf if they heard that, right? But they know nothing. They know nothing about Gulf's sacrifices. And their opinion does not matter to Gulf, even a single one.

But the scenario from earlier when he got back remained flashing in his mind; Kaownah touching Mew's hand. He must admit, he's jealous. But who is he to be jealous when it is he who left Mew in the air for someone else. He wanted to pull Kaownah earlier. He wanted to slap him, to punch him, to kick him, to pull every hair he has but he no longer has the right. And it pains him. It pains him to see himself all helpless around Mew. It pains him that he lost Mew. It pains him to imagine soon enough, Mew will be dating another guy. And Kaownah reminds him of that.

When the class was over, both Gulf and Podd were fetched by the same car which dropped them off earlier. Mew is just standing right there, from a place where Gulf can't see but enough for Mew to witness how his love is getting inside that car with a guy who's supposed to be him but not. He has lost track of how many sighs he had made since earlier. The only thing he knows is that, he wants Gulf back. He wants to talk to Gulf, once again. To change his mind before it's too late. He wants to return things to its rightful place, to return Gulf to his side. But he realized that it should not be Gulf he should betalking to, but Mr. Sriphothong, the one who thought of this stupid deal. He is about to leave the place and look for the old man when he heard a voice from behind of him.

It was Kaownah.

"So, you're playing the hero, Phi?" He looked at the guy as he continued what he is saying

"So, you're playing the hero, Phi?" He looked at the guy as he continued what he is saying. "Don't you see? He already had chosen someone and that someone is not you. He betrayed you. His love is too shallow compare to that love of yours. He's not worth it." He went closer to Mew as he plays his hand on Mew, as if teasing him like a hoe. "If I were you, I will just choose someone who chooses me. To give you an example, me. I can love you more than Gulf did. I will never ever betray you, Phi, just—"

But Kaownah wasn't able to finish his sentence because the fired up Mew cut him off.

"You know nothing so behave like one. And don't you ever call Gulf's love shallow. It is not you who received his love so you don't have every right to mock it. Understood?" Mew is about to turn his back on Kaownah when remembered he forgot to say the important part.

"And for your information, even if you are the last man left on earth, I will never ever choose you. I'd rather die single than to get in a relationship with you."

Kaownah was left dumbfounded when he heard those harsh words from Mew. But he still never gives up. He still believes that Mew will crawl back to his arms and that is the time he will welcome him, open arms.

"Mom, Dad, please. Let's do something. Let's take Gulf back. I hate to see him with Podd. I hate to see him hurt. I know he's just putting up an act about being not hurt. But I know him all too well. He's just enduring it. Mom, Dad. Please? Let's do something. Please?"

Mew is now crying his heart out, begging for his parents' help but just as what they have talked about the Sriphothong, they are too influential

Mew is now crying his heart out, begging for his parents' help but just as what they have talked about the Sriphothong, they are too influential. They cannot just go against them or they'll do worse, even worst. And they are afraid of what they can do.

"Please????"

Mew fell on his knees as tears came falling from his eyes nonstop. How can this world be so cruel to them? He can't do anything. He can't do anything to save Gulf. He feels so stupid.

Just right when he has calmed down, Gulf and his parents showed up. Although Mew has already stopped crying, his puffy and swollen eyes are telling Gulf that he did.

Both of his parents are looking devastated. How can they not when they are seeing their only son forcing himself even though they are not pressuring him?

"Son, let's just call this off, nah? I don't care if I lose the company forever. I don't care if everything we worked hard for be lost. What's important is you and your happiness. It is our job to do something about this matter, not you. Don't force yourself, please? Please, son. Please."

Both his parents are now crying and begging just so Gulf would change his mind. Everyone is waiting for his answer but he is still saying the same thing.

 Everyone is waiting for his answer but he is still saying the same thing

"We've already come this far, dad, mom. We even already signed contracts. Can we afford to pay for breaching the contract? The damages? More than half of our investors are influenced by the Sriphotongs. How can we look for another investors if the Sriphothongs are holding them by the neck? We will totally lose the company and I don't want that to happen. Don't worry about me. I can worry about myself. This is the least I can do. Just trust me."

"But—"

Gulf pulls up a weak smile.

"Trust me."

***

Please vote and comment below. Thank you. See you next chapter. Xoxo.