She nodded again.

"See, the brain is simply carrying out orders from the mind. There's an already programmed action which reads, 'Maths is hard, do not indulge'." He explained with faux computerized voice, causing them to crack up.

"So," Chimdi drawled out. Marveled at his educating yet entertaining skills. "Master teach me thy ways. How do I get myself to solve a single calculation correctly?"

"Just like a computer system, reprogramming can be hella hard and needs a lot of care and time in other to keep other files intact. The human mind has to rid itself off negative thoughts on mathematics. It has to let the brain know that, maths is like a necessary, that it's a do or die. The process might be hard but totally worth the hassle."

Chimdi groaned, dropping her head on the desk in utter frustration. "But maths is Sooo hard! All those figures and alphabets cause a whirlwind in my poor brain," she groaned, a cute frown marring her face.

"Now, now. Quit having the negative thoughts and think positive. This same theory applies in real life situations. The reason why most prayers aren't answered, the reason why most ideas fail, disappointments multiplying, courtesy of our negative thoughts..."

"Our brains do whatever our minds deem fit as right. It's up to us to have positive thoughts. In a dark tunnel, we should always see the light. See the good part of life and the light it houses no matter how dim it may seem."

"Jeez inspirational speaker, where is that coming from? You're going all Oprah-ish on me." She asked, half amazed and half amused.

TJ just shrugged. "Dunno."

He really didn't know where the inspirational talk came from. All he knew was that, he needed to let her know she had him to lean on, that there was light in whichever dark tunnel she found herself in

The previous events where he'd seen her almost helpless, teary eyed, laboured breaths and scary eyed were sights that left him sleepless at night. The mere thought of whatever she might be going through leaving him every shade worried.

Yes, she was an enigma, begging to be unraveled, he wasn't going to pry words out of her mouth, rather, he'd have to wait, same time being her personal intercessor to God.

He took her hands, eyes sparkly, cheeks stretched into a gravity defying grin. "Are you ready to make room for maths in your brain?" He asked.

She bursted out in fit of laughter, accompanied by his rich ones, warm and happy.

"That sounded like an infamous alter call line, 'are you ready to accept Christ in your life' ?"

Amused, he raised a bushy brow.  "Well, have you?"

She sent him a playful glare. "Of course I have."

His smile grew wider. "Perfect! You also need Christ for this. Knowing you, you're gon' have to need divine intervention with this." His words earned him a jab on the rib.

And again, his shriek was louder than a banshee's, causing other studying students to send fire and brimstone their way.

With an apologetic nod, he aimed a glare at Chimdi who shrugged innocently in return, sticking her tongue out at him.

For a moment, TJ was caught in a second stilling daze. He'd noticed she'd been totally at ease with him since their trip to the roof top, they'd shared a lot of things, spent more time studying together rather than being with the gang and she'd even indulged him whenever he was out to joke around.

He couldn't help it when she smiled so freely, like she was soaking in the moment, putting it to memory. To him, she had the cutest smiles and laughter, dripping melodic soul soothing sounds, that pulled one in, compelling one to stare as long as  the clock ticked and air in abundant.

"You're staring." Chimdi said, suddenly uneasy.

His stares did make her feel self conscious, more than she'd ever felt. He stared like the rest of nature's goodness surrounding them had nothing on her. She gulped, the intensity of his gaze on her had her feeling things she felt, weren't meant to be felt at all.

"Why, what's wrong?" He twirled the blue ink secured between his digits, eyes, taking in her every mood.

She gathered herself together, flipping through her textbook while acting nonchalant.

"Staring is rude."

"Not when I'm having of fun."

She scoffed. "At my expense?"

"Admiring isn't making fun. It's having fun."

She sucked in a breath, trying so hard to keep her heart from jumping out her ribcage. It didn't help that his flowery words were turning her into goo.

He held her gaze for seconds too long, like an artist taking in the beauty of his masterpiece. "You've got real unique features."

  She gave up, using a scowl to mask the smile threatening to break free. "Flattery won't get you nowhere Kodiri."

"This ain't no flattery sunshine. I'm putting it out as it is."

She blinked, once, twice. He'd indirectly given her swoon worthy words and she didn't know how to handle her goddamn self. Yes, Jiki and Elo had chipped in one or two words about her hair, make up and even clothing. But TJ's words left her feeling suddenly conscious of her self.

And when she looked up to see his facial expression, she was greeted by yet another intent stare. One that left her feeling suddenly hot and giddy.

Their little moment of bliss was interrupted by an albeit, additional, but unwanted company, which had her suppressing an annoyed eye roll.

__