27

'Cause I've been wrong
about a million times
But I got one thing right,
you'

__

The week's activities progressed with impressive speed, continuous assessment tests were taken and soon, the students were filled with nothing close to euphoria, but more with pre-examination tension as they prepared for the session's first term examination.

TJ and Chimdi found themselves at the school's botanical garden, amidst the not-so pleasant company of text books and writing materials. Oil painted white desks and benches provided sitting comfort, coupled with the intoxicating scent of natural flowers, the likes of chrysanthemums, bougainvilleas, hibiscuses, with yellow bush flowers creating a bed of aesthetically cut dwarf fence, securing the students from unwanted company.

Chimdi groaned, followed by a loud thud caused by the hard impact made by her still creaseless Sureway mathematics text book.

Staring at the black inks forming the arithmetical figures on the voluminous textbook was enough to give her a head splitting migraine. She laid her head on the big textbook, sealing the deal with a second groan, a loud enough message to TJ that she had given up on whatever he was teaching her.

"You know, you can't ace your maths exam by groaning incessantly." Said TJ with a faltering stern voice that left Chimdi unmoving from her position.

"Let me be," she groaned, shutting her eyes for a few seconds. Her brain felt like they've been bombarded with so much information.

She could swear she heard a warning bell.

"Let's just leave maths for the main time." She suggested as she reached for her backpack, pulling out her literature textbook, groaning at it's weight.

"Let's answer this first." She gave him a cute smile, one he could have fallen for if the matter at hand wasn't crucial.

He shook his head, like he was shaking off a spell. "Not today sunshine," he said, taking the textbook from her. "We've covered almost all the questions in here."

Chimdi pouted, "So what? Practice makes perfect babe."

"It's perfection. You need to focus on Maths instead, to perfect yourself. If you slack this much, you might end up flopping your maths exam."

She snorted, lazily sitting up and defiantly, folded her hands. "Glad to know your faith in me can move mountains TJ."

"Well thank you." He gave a mock bow, "Come on, one more question and we'll take a break." He persuaded.

Begrudgingly, she gave in, sitting up, albeit sulking.

"If P and Q are fixed points," he began, a grin gracing his face when he spotted the glare she aimed at him. "Which moves so that X.P equals X.Q, the locus of X is what?"

She shrugged, meeting his question with silence. "I don't know. Z ? come on!!"

He gave her a look that mirrored utter disbelief. "But we just solved it minutes ago."

"There is no space in my head for maths." She flashed him a jaw dropping smile, "I think there is still enough for literature though."

TJ groaned, at the brink of giving up on her. "But we have maths in like the next seven days."

"I think I'll live till that day. Nothing wants to stick in." She defended, letting her head drop on the voluminous textbook once more.

"I think you don't want it to stick in sunshine."