Rebirth

For the longest time everything was black, yet I was still somehow here. I couldn't see anything but I knew I was bound to the earth by some force greater then myself. I felt no pain, and sensed no danger so that must be a good sign right?

I don't know how long I was... unaware but soon enough, little by little I was gaining senses back. The first was my the feeling of warmth. I was warm. Next came my sense of touch. I was resting on something soft. Minutes after that I gained my smell. Was that food that I smelled. Almost immeadiately after I caught the scent of the food my stomach began growling. It felt like I hadn't eaten in days!

After that it seemed like everything was frozen. Only the senses that I had before I smelled the food stayed and seemed to grow obnoxiously stronger to the point my stomach was hurting from hunger. It was complete and utter torture and I wanted it to end, quick! Still for a long stretch of time I was only able to feel warmth, know that I was still laying on something comfortable and smell food which was growing more delicious by the second. The senses I craved to have back more then anything though was my hearing and sight. I needed to know where I was and who I was with.

Was Rhiannon, Gracie and Ethan still with me or had they left? Because I hadn't known them for long I was unfamiliar with their scent. For full vampires like my family they could easily catch and hold a scent and remember the being or 'thing' it belonged to all in the first whiff. For me, since I was a hybrid it took me about 10 encounters to do just that.

Then as if I had been meerly sleeping my eyes opened and all sound came to me in the same second. I didn't even test the movement of my muscles but rose up in a sitting position, in what I now realized was my bed. I had been laid in my bed as if I had been asleep. Upon movement I was able to feel the stiffness in my limbs. The feeling was dull and achy, the combination slightly annoying.

After a few seconds of taking in my surroundings, tasting the air, and listening to the sounds around me I rose to my feet. For a few seconds I wobbled as my weight threw me off. It was as if I hadn't used my legs in a long time. For some reason I felt completely off. If anything I felt bigger, heavier.... taller.

Taking a deep breath I headed over to the bedroom door which hosted a full length mirror on the back and stared at a woman. The only thing wrong with what I was seeing was that I was the woman. I looked older, taller, maturer in my looks. My hair now hung in long waves past my waist. My legs were long and lean and I had hips like my mother. As I allowed my gaze to look at my chest area I noticed that where I had once been flat I now had breasts. I wasn't too sure how I felt about that. Finally I allowed myself to soak in my face. I looked the same but somehow different. My face was more elongated and my lips were fuller. My nose was still the same dainty thing and my eyes were the same brown, the only difference was that here and there I could see green. Wasn't my fathers human eyes green?

As I took a deep breath I noticed a constricting feeling. The pajamas that I was wearing, that fit my twelve year old body no longer fit my adult body. Infact I could see where my growth had torn the pajama's as if I suddenly sprouted overnight. That got me to thinking, how long was I dead?

Walking over to the dresser I opened it in hopes to find an abandoned outfit that I could possibly wear. Luckily I did, with one sniff to the fabric I tasted my mothers scent, only it was different. This must've been her human scent. This meant these clothes belonged to my mother.

I ripped the remainder of my pj's off my body in one simple tug and tossed them aside. Then carefully I slipped into the khaki shorts before pulling on the bra, which was a bit snug and then fastening the white button down. The clothes fit perfect, with the exception of the bra which was a bit too small.