A Not So Happy New Year

Disclaimer Shit- Emagerds, teh rerts ter teh Parshee Jerckshern sheries. #NOTMINE

-James-

            'Twas the night before Christmas... HAHA JUST KIDDING! It’s been a week.
I wish New Year’s were here already... Chiron grounded Sam and I until New Year’s Eve so... meh

One week later…

-Carter-

            "Okay, Ella, you get the lights. Henry, you get the super glue. Leah, you get the pink paint from the Aphrodite cabin. Sam and James, you get all the stuff into the tunnels. I'll get everything else," I said to the crew.

            We were planning a HUGE New Year’s Eve prank. We couldn't do it until today, because Sam and James were grounded, and we needed the tunnels for almost the whole prank.

            For the rest of the day, I was sitting in Bunker 9, working my ass off trying to build everything we needed for the prank. Since I descended from Hephaestus, it wasn’t that hard. It still drained my energy a bunch.

            After all my hard work in the Bunker, I had finally done it. I had everything we needed for the prank. I finished around 7:30 so I decided to go talk to Leah for a bit.

-Sam-

            Later in the day, I heard a knock at my door. I was expecting it to be James, but instead, Lana from the Ares cabin barged into my cabin, with a girl following her. She wasn’t that big. She seemed to be around the age of 12 and reminded me an awful lot of someone. Then, it hit me! She looked almost exactly Hazel Levesque.

            “Lana, could I speak with you… alone,” I said to the Ares camper. “What the hell is Hazel Levesque’s daughter doing in my cabin?” I said through gritted teeth. Lana and I didn’t get along very well. This was kind of ironic, because my dad once told me about an Ares camper named Clarisse La Rue, and they didn’t get along well either. What made it even funnier is that we were both their daughters.

“She came over the border last night while I was on watch. I didn’t notice her, and probably wouldn’t have, if she hadn’t yelled, in the middle of the night, ‘I'M HOME BITCHES! EVERYONE GET THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR CABINS AND GET YO PARTY ON!’ I don’t think anyone heard it except for me, so I took a sack and put her in it,” Lana said. “I brought her here because she says that she was claimed by Pluto, and I needed to know if that was true or not. Everyone knows you can tell who a demigod’s patron is, so I brought her here.”

“I will, but I need some water first,” I told Lana. She reached to her side and unclipped a water canteen from her belt. I opened it and pulled some of the water out with my awesome ass Poseidon powers. Then I formed it into the same shape water would make in an Iris message in front of the girl’s head. Suddenly, a skull in a pile of gems was floating above her head.

I returned the water back into the canteen, closed it, and returned it to Lana. I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost 8:00. “Okay, that’s all done now! Time for you two to go. Happy New Year!” I said rushing them out of the cabin. Just then I saw Leah and Carter walking to the cabin in the same direction that the Pluto camper and Lana were going. I gestured for them to go around to the back the door.

Once they were gone, I opened the door to a lot more people than Carter and Leah. There was Ella, holding 10 boxes marked ‘DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE,’ Henry, a son of Hecate, holding 3 cardboard boxes containing at least 20 toothpaste-sized tubes marked, ‘Krazy Glue™,’ Leah, pushing a dolly with at least 15 quart sized cans of neon pink paint, and Carter with a black backpack.

“Okay team, listen up!” said Carter, “This mission will require cunning, bravery, and stealth. If any of you think you aren’t cut out for this mission, leave at once.” Then, little Henry dropped the boxes of superglue, and ran for his sad little life. Wimp.

After the conversation was done, Leah asked me to open the tunnel. I extinguished the fire with some water, and pressed one of the bricks in the back of the fireplace. On it were the words, ‘I ship Brason,’ written in yellow. I guess that was how Percy remembered where it was. I wonder what Brason is though…

-Carter-

Midnight…

Every cabin was plastered with a bunch of super bright lights, the kind that give you a headache if you stare at them too long, pink paint, and purple flowers. Not the Aphrodite cabin though. We covered that cabin in black paint, skulls, and knives.

Now, it was time for the biggest part. I pulled off my backpack, and pulled out a large cube. I tapped a small circle on top, and it unfolded into a supersized cannon. I shoved in a giant blue ball and turned it toward the Big House. Then, I asked Leah to help me pull the trigger.

The blue sphere was shot straight at the Big House, and as soon as I pulled the trigger. I tapped on the back of the cannon and it shrunk back to its cubic form. I shoved into my bag and whispered, “Run.”

As we hid behind the Poseidon cabin, the blue ball finally did its job. With a loud BANG it exploded into a bunch of blue paint, confetti, and woke up the entire camp. The camp erupted into chaos. Everyone was screaming, except for Sam, James, Leah, Ella, and I. We were sitting there laughing at our fellow campers.

However, all the campers were surprised when they came out of their cabins, for they saw something they didn’t expect. On the back of the Big House, was a message to the whole camp. It said, ‘HAPPY NEW YEAR CAMP HALF BLOOD! Signed, Ella, Henry, Samantha, Carter, Leah, and James.’

A/N

Happy New Year to my lovely readers! Although there are few of you, and some of you may not even bother to read this section, but those of you who do, I have a message for you. I barely ever update this story and I started this over the summer. I just want to thank you for reading my story. This hasn’t been going anywhere so I decided that in the next chapter, THEY WILL FINALLY GET THE QUEST! YAAYY!! I don’t even know what this Author’s Note is anymore. Oh well. BAAAIIII!!!