13

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't get a chapter uploaded yesterday- I had an English paper to write. I really should be working on it right now, but oh well. What is life without procrastination, I guess.

Anyways, what do you think so far? Do you like the story? If you do, please remember to vote for the chapter!

Who's your favorite character? Personally, I think my favorite is Nick, just because even though he's having a really hard time dealing with everything happening with his brother, he's still there for Hanna and comforts her. He manages to be really optimistic despite everything that's happening around him.

Let me know in the comments who your favorite character is and what you think could happen next! I love ya all!xxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good news!" Alex said as I walked back into the room. "They're gonna let me go home tomorrow. Wherever that is."

"Good, good. That's real good," I nodded as I leaned against his bed. "Let me know if you need anything." I offered. "Actually, I bet you need some clothes to go home. I'll call Matt and tell him to bring you some."

"It's a good thing I have you," Alex crossed his arms. "I would've never thought about that. I would've had to leave the hospital naked."

I laughed. Not just a little; but a lot. For some reason I found that to be absolutely hilarious. And then Alex started laughing hysterically, too. I don't even know what was so funny about it. It was just that once I started laughing, I couldn't stop. It felt good to laugh like that, especially with Alex. Neither of us could get a grip, and for however long, we just stayed like that, giggling like a couple of idiots.

"What's so funny?" Nick asked when he came in the room. I couldn't even stop laughing long enough to tell him.

"Alex, he-" Laugh. "He said that-" Laugh. "Alex said that he-" Laugh. "He said that he was going to have to-" Laugh. "Leave the hospital naked!" It took me about five tries, but after I said it, the whole thing got even funnier. Nick was still confused, because he wasn't in on the rest of the conversation, but Alex and I were completely busting a gut.

A few minutes later, after all the laughing finally died down, I stepped into the hospital lobby to give Matthew a call. He answered pretty quickly, since he'd just gotten off work, and said he'd bring them by in a while. Since Alex woke up, Matt sounded a lot happier, the same way that I probably did. Alex wasn't back to his old self yet, so Matt and I weren't either, but we were getting closer. It was like we had three quarters of Alex back- his physical self, his abilitly to speak, and his personality; but he was still missing his memory. If only that would come back, everything really could go back to normal.

I hung out in the lobby a while, trying to give Alex and Nick some bro time. It was appropriate that Nick got to have alone time with his brother, the same way that I was getting to have alone time with my friend/boyfriend.

I called Zoey, who was in to see Alex when I was at home sleeping. She was just as excited as Matthew and I that he was finally awake. We didn't get to talk too long, though, because she and her mother were going to dinner that evening. By this point, Zoey knew what I'd told Alex. She'd basically given me the same speech Nick had just last night, about how we'd never be able to be just friends. And I told her that I hoped Alex would realize that, and realize that I was his girlfriend, and that everything would be okay again.

Speaking of the devil, Nick came walking towards me at that moment. His face expression was a mix of seriousness and confusion, giving him a mildly constipated look. "How long have you been stopped up for?" I asked, chuckling a little bit.

"Ha ha, very funny." He said, stopping in front of me. "We're planning an Alex watch. You have him tomorrow afternoon."

"I'm supposed to babysit him tomorrow?"

"Pretty much. I have him in the morning. Then you. Then Matt."

"And what are we supposed to do? He doesn't remember what he likes at all."

"I don't know. Take him to the park for a walk."

"Nick, he's not a dog."

"I know. Just find something to do, I guess."

"Fine. What time?"

"Your shift starts at noon. You're off duty at six. So find something to fill that window with."

I agreed, trying to think up some possible activities for the Alex and I. What about watching a TV show? Or going swimming? It didn't really matter, I guess.

"Okay. I have to leave now. And they want Alex to rest for a while. So maybe you should go, too. Maybe clean his place up a bit. God knows Matt hasn't done any housekeeping." He started to walk away, before turning back to me. "And, Hanna? It's all going to be okay, I promise."

"Alright, Mr. Henderson, what are we going to do today?" I asked, readying myself for my turn to babysit Alex. Nick had to be at work until two, and Matthew was working late tonight, so I was stuck with the afternoon shift. That was alright with me, though. Any time that I got to spend with Alex where we got to be alone was good with me. Even if he forgot that I was his girlfriend.

I'd stopped by his and Matthew's apartment last night and did some laundry. Alex had next to no clean clothes, and neither did Matthew. Apparantly, Matt never paid much attention whenever his mother taught him how to do laundry. I also washed some dishes, since there were literally no clean cups in the cabinets. All the while, Matt sat on his ass, watching TV in the next room. More than once I angrily yelled for him to get up and help me. But then he'd make some stupid comment, we'd laugh, I'd forget why I yelled at him, and I'd go back to cleaning. It had been a nice little routine.

Alex got to go home this morning. He was released from the hospital at 8 AM, sharp. He couldn't remember what his house looked like or even where it was, but he was eager to get home. Nick told me the first thing he did was mistake Matt's room for his own, since he didn't know them apart. They had to redirect him towards his own bed, his own dresser, and his own closet.

He seemed to be fine till I got there. He'd made himself right at home (no pun intended), and was watching TV on the couch with Nick, when I showed up for my turn.

"I don't know, just pick something I like to do. Because I sure as hell don't remember," He laughed. I was just happy he wasn't too upset about losing his memory. I thought for a couple minutes about things he liked: swimming, walking, swinging, eating, and whatever else he enjoyed. Finally, I decided on one of the doc's reccomendations.

"Come on. Get in my car," I commanded, pulling him off the couch. "That coma didn't make you unable to walk. I got a plan."

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"Well, I guess you'll see when we get there. First, we have to stop at the store. I need a few things." I pushed him into the elevator and closed the doors. This plan was perfect.

"Seriously, where are we going?" He asked again.

"Just follow your nose," I answered as the door opened. We headed for my car in the parking lot.

After stopping at the store and picking up some chips and sodas, we headed back onto the highway toward my house. All the way he asked me where we were going, and I continued to ignore him. He wouldn't know what I was talking about anyway.

I drove straight past my house; didn't even stop. I headed a half mile or so further down the street, and flashed my left turn signal. I veered into the Ford Elementary School parking lot. The joint was empty, except for the two of us. I grabbed the plastic bag out of the backseat and motioned for Alex to get out. He really had no idea.

I opened up my trunk and got the blanket out that I kept back there. We were going to picnic by the swings, like we'd done countless times before. Maybe it would bring some memories back.

Hopefully it would bring some memories back.