"I love your dress," I say to her, "what's your name?"

"Jasmine," she smiles, "I'm this many," she says, holding up six fingers. I gasp, acting shocked.

"Wow, you're six? You're basically a teenager," I giggle, looking to her mother who looks grateful that I decided to chat, "I wish I could stay longer, but I've really got to get going. Would you like to take a picture?"

"Yes, please!!" She smiles as wide as her mouth would let her. I put my arm around her and smile at the camera, and her mother takes a few from her phone.

"It was lovely meeting you, Jasmine. Have a great night, everyone," I say to the table, excusing myself and walking out the front door. I breathe a sigh of relief when I see Eddy outside waiting for me, his window rolled down.

"Hey, gorgeous," Eddy smiles, "how did it go?"

"Just about as well as you would expect," I tell him, sliding into the car, "I'm just really tired, so sorry if I don't talk much on the way home."

"That's okay, Ans. I understand," he smiles at me through the rearview mirror.

[begin text messages]

anastasia 🌹
can u pls come over.

austin 🌹

of course. is everythingokay? how did the dinnergo?

anastasia 🌹
we'll talk about it when
you get here, okay?

austin 🌹okay

[end text messages]

When I'm finally home, I trudge up the stairs, counting down the minutes until Austin is here. I hear a ring at my door as I walk over to my intercom.

"Hello?" I speak into it.

"It's me," says the voice I've been waiting to hear.

I buzz him up, being greeted by his beautiful face and a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"Sorry it took me a little longer than usual, this is why," he smiles, shaking the bouquet and handing them over to me.

I start bawling.

"Woah, woah, woah, I wasn't expecting you to cry! Did I do something wrong? Do you hate the color? Are they the wrong kind of flowers?" He frantically asks, which makes me giggle for a second.

"No, no. It's just really sweet. I needed it after having such a shitty night," I sniffle.

"I had a feeling it didn't go too well when you were texting me," he pouts, pulling me into a hug. He pulls away, squeezing his hand on my arm where Sebastian had earlier.

"Ah," I wince, jerking my arm a bit.

"Oh shit, baby, I'm sorry. I didn't think I squeezed that har-" He stops after looking at my arm.

"What the fuck is this?" His voice picks up, stern, but obviously out of concern.

"Um, well, we were talking..." I start.