Chapter 11: The Spiritual Cure

Water, Earth, Fire, Air

When I couldn't decide what to do regarding an assignment for my art club as the deadline quickly approached, I drowned into the Avatar: The Last Airbender world... literally! According to the Spirits, there is only one way for me to return to my own world: Through making A Thousand And One Drawings. Though that seems easy to do with what the Spirits have given me, there is a catch. I have to do it before the end of the storyline.

But do I even want to leave this dreamlike world?

Book 1: Water

Chapter 11: The Spiritual Cure

Sokka and Katara seemed to disagree more than ever, Emilia noticed one morning after a fight over how to set up a tent. Then they saw a big canyon and two tribes came out of nowhere and began quarreling. Aang decided that the sick and the elderly should ride across the canyon on Appa while everyone else walks. However, Aang didn't account for more than the ones from the tribes... until he heard Emilia enter a small coughing fit.

"She must still be affected by that poison," Lily remarked upon noticing Aang's concern.

"Emilia, are you feeling okay?" Aang asked.

"I'm fine. Just in the recovering phase I'm sure."

"Maybe you should ride on Appa."

"No! I'll be just fine walking like everyone else."

"If you say so."

However, though this played out similarly to the episode when Emilia watched it, Aang and Lily just wouldn't leave her alone. Every time she showed a sign of weakness, they came running to her side.

After the madness, Aang revealed to his friends that he made up the story he used for the tribes to get along.

"Now," he began after explaining. "Where is that custard tart? I'm starving!"

"Right here, Aang." Emilia then gave him the egg custard tart.

After Aang ate it, everyone turned their attention to Emilia as she climbed onto Appa and laid down on the saddle.

"Is it just me, or is this saddle softer than normal?"

Aang and Lily shared an alarmed glance at each other before running to Appa and climbing up to check their friend's health.

"The poison's in her bloodstream by now," Lily concluded. "The best I'd know how to handle it would be to have her just bleed it out."

"I DIDN'T NEED to hear that." Aang glared at Lily for even thinking of saying such a thing.

"Okay... well there MIGHT be a cure, but I don't know it."

"I'll be fine," Emilia reminded them. "Like I mentioned yesterday, Aang probably bent out the poison when he bent out the water from my lungs."

"That's what the poison wants you to think!" Sokka yelled alarmed.

"Uh, Sokka," Katara said immediately. "You DO realize poison CAN'T want OR think, right?"

"Goodbye, dear friend." Sokka ignored Katara and made a big deal out of it. "It was nice knowing you."

"Sokka," Emilia began, distancing herself a little. "I'll have you know that some people inject a little poison into themselves every day of their life to strengthen their immune system. I've never known whether it works or not, but they're either really brave or really foolish."

Aang pulled Lily, the one person who knew Emilia better than him, aside.

"Did she act like this when it was just you two?"