chapter fifty-three

Start from the beginning

Rowyn shook her head with a laugh before removing her backpack and sitting beside him against the cave wall. "I forgot too honestly—I couldn't feel it much back home, it sucked." She confessed and Peter let out a breathy laugh but soon winced when he leaned back on the cut on his hand. "Here." Rowyn grabbed his hand with his palm facing up and grabbed some water from her bag as well as her spare t-shirt. Using her switchblade, Rowyn cut off a long strip of the gray material and placed it aside before soaking the rest of the shirt in water and dabbing it on the line of blood.

"I'm not mad at you if that's what you're thinking . . ." Peter told her as she cleaned his cut. "I know why you're doing this . . . she always finds a way back so she'd just come back later down the line—it's better to just get it over with, right?"

Rowyn tied the lone strip of cloth around his hand so it protected the cut from anything getting in it. "I shouldn't have left you though—I felt horrible seeing you like that." She met his eyes.

Peter moved his unharmed hand forward to caress her cheek. "You had your reasons . . . besides, I'm just glad you're here now. I feel much better being here with you during this rather then just waiting at home not knowing if you were safe or not."

Rowyn smiled at him. "How come you and everybody else showed up at Jadis' castle?"

Peter smiled bitterly at the thought. "She hadn't been hiding her plotting—I think she wanted me to be there when she killed you so I would suffer just as much . . . Adeline figured it out and we all volunteer to invade and stop her but then we saw you." He brushed her cheek as clear sadness flashed in his eyes.

"You aren't going to lose me." She told him back.

"I know." Rowyn smiled softly at him and—after moving the water and old shirt off her lap—brushed his cheek with her fingertips and traced them down to his chest. "I really like being able to feel you again." Peter said with a chuckle as Rowyn did the same. When their laughter died down, Rowyn flickered her eyes between his as his hand traveled down to run across her bottom lip.

"Pete-" She breathed out as his eyes shined with something she knew all too well. The moment those words left her mouth, Peter smashed his mouth to hers and took every thought out of her head and every ounce of air from her lungs. But Rowyn didn't care as she instantly swung her leg over his lap and sat down on top of him.

Peter's fingers hooked into the loops on the waist of her jeans as he pulled her down onto him more. Rowyn hummed against his mouth at the feeling and pulled her lips from his just enough to pull off his shirt before returning her mouth to his. Peter's hands moved up her back and quickly ripped the material until he was able to remove it without removing his mouth from hers.

Rowyn was now completely bare chested as Peter shifted their bodies and laid Rowyn down on the cold rock floor of the cave. Rowyn wrapped her legs around his waist and pulled him down onto her. Both moaned into the other's mouth as a result. Rowyn was grateful for having washed all the blood off of her at a nearby creek after she set off on her journey when Peter moved to kiss her neck and down her chest. Rowyn's breath shook as he kissed until he reached the waistband of her jeans.

Peter undid the button of her jeans before sitting up and working on his own while Rowyn sat up and removed her sneakers and pulled her jeans down her legs. Rowyn laughed when Peter practically came falling down onto her the moment they were both finally free of their clothes. Peter just rolled his eyes with a smile and pressed his mouth to hers once more.

Rowyn's body shuddered as he sucked on the skin underneath her ear and then moved his way across her neck and to her collarbone. "Please don't hold back." Peter stopped his movements before lifting his head and looking at her with questioning eyes. "I haven't been able to stop thinking about Jadis and, right now, I just want to think about you . . . Make me forget everything else but you—make me forget my own name just as long as I remember yours." Peter studied her for a moment, his palm on her cheek, before leaning down and smashed his mouth to hers and pushing into her quicker than she could even comprehend.

They both moaned in sync at the feeling they had been deprived of for so long before Peter instantly slammed into her at a fast pace. Rowyn leaned her head back against the rock floor, that would've been uncomfortable in any other situation, as her entire body jolted with his movements. Peter ran his hand up her leg and hooked it around his waist while pushing deeper into her.

Rowyn couldn't think straight as he moved his mouth from her neck to her left breast while his hand worked the other. Rowyn moaned and wrapped her arms around his body to pull him closer to her so she could feel more of the warmth that came from his skin. "I love you-" She was cut off by another moan as he increased his speed to an almost inhuman pace.

Peter buried his head in the crook of her neck and moaned at the feeling of her while she dug her nails into her back before running her hands down his tattoo. "Oh my God-" Her back arched as she moved closer to her finish.

Peter grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to him. Rowyn's mind grew fuzzy as his mouth fell upon her breast again. Both their moans were louder now as the feeling of overwhelming pleasure rushed through them like a drug.

Rowyn clawed at the rock beneath them as she bit back a small scream while hitting her end. Peter wasn't far behind as he collapsed onto her and kissed her collarbone a few times. As Rowyn struggled to even think, let alone move, Peter pulled her to his chest. Rowyn hummed happily still in a daze as she warmed more from his skin on hers.

"Maybe we should go years without seeing each other if the sex is gonna be that good when we reunite." Rowyn joked.

Peter laughed and shook his head. "Hell no, I don't ever want to experience that again." Rowyn traced shapes on his chest while he ran his hands up and down her tattoo. "I like the birds by the way." He smiled as he pulled his hands away from her other tattoo to grab her wrist and trace the tattoo that rested there as well.

Rowyn smiled as he brought her wrist up to his mouth and kissed each bird. Rowyn bit her lip as she stared at him for a moment. When Peter released her hand and placed it back on his chest, Rowyn cocked an eyebrow and pushed her weight onto him so he now was on his back and she straddled his lap. "We aren't done yet, Pete." And the man just laughed before continuing to make love to his wife until they both could no longer think nor remember their own names and until they both fell asleep in the tight hold of the other.