- 16 -

(Just imagine this isn't Nini)

Back with the orchestra Rosella watches as the play starts again with a shocker as E.J. comes out as Troy, surprising everyone, while Carlos starts playing Chad.

"Rosella, what happened? I thought Ricky was with you the last time I checked" Ms. Jenn asks the girl as she comes up to the musicians. "He isn't in the right state of mind right now and asked E.J. to take over. But it's going to be okay. Trust the process, right?" she tells her, repeating what the woman always says, which nods once before walking off.

While Rosella plays the piano for Ashlyns or Ms. Darbus' solo song, she doesn't realize that Rick is trying to reach her over her phone, in text form and through calls, due to her leaving her phone backstage. Concentrating on the play, she doesn't know the boy is outside the gymnasium, having a little anxiety attack and really needing the girl right now.

Rosella sees Gina walking out of the gymnasium before she comes back at the end, with Ricky by her side. Smiling in their direction Rosella starts playing the last song, Breaking Free.
Looking back over to Nini and E.J. she noticed that they're going off track, while the backstage managers are starting to freak out, nobody knowing what's going on. She looks at them questionable, hoping everything works out just fine, as E.J. starts going off script, as he sees Ricky and Gina at the entrance.

"I'm not the Troy who should be here" he says as he walks off the stage, leaving the cast confused. Not knowing what to do, Rosella looks at Nini, silently asking if she's supposed to play a song for her, as the girl walks up to her, covering her microphone.

"You have to play Gabriella" she tells her. "What? What are you talking about?" "This is Rickys chance to proof himself that he's worth playing the lead but he won't sing with me, Rosella. He will only sing with you." "I can't" she tries again. "I heard you two that one time in front of the school at the beginning of the year. You two have to sing together" "What about the woman from that acting school who's watching you?" "Don't worry about that. Come on." Looking at the audience and then at Ricky who watches her intently, she looks back at the girl in front of her, nodding. "Okay."

Nini hands her the microphone as Rosella stands up from her seat at the piano.

"You know the world can see us
In a way that's different than who we are
Creating space between us
Till we're separate hearts" she starts sining, walking up to the curly head boy.

"What is going on? Ella, you know I can't go out there. Not right now" he tells the girl lowly, as she stops in front of her, covering the microphone so the audience won't here them. "Just look at me, love. It's just you and me, in your room" Rosella whispers. "Keep your eyes on me" she repeats, taking his hand in hers as she turns around to give the orchestra a signal to start the song.