I sighed in relief when I spotted a log.

"I'm gonna throw this half-way in the puddle, and the minute it lands you're gonna hop on it with one foot and jump to me okay? I'll catch you! " I shouted over the splashing of the rain.

"What if I fall?"

"You won't fall. I promise that I'll catch you okay? You gotta be brave and trust me" I urged with carefulness and confidence in my voice. The last thing I needed was for her to panic.

I offered her a reassuring smile while she nodded with a determined look on her face. She wasn't that far away, probably about two meters.

I used all the strength I had and threw the heavy log as close to her as possible. She didn't hesitate to leave the tree, and I braced myself for impact.

She leaped in my arms with full force, making me land flat on my back. But that didn't matter to me because she was safe.

She clung to me for dear life, trembling as I walked towards the pack house. In the middle of my journey, I saw a young man about my age running towards us with a worried look on his face.

"God, Emily I've been looking everywhere for you" He said as he rested his hands on his knees while he caught his breath. He too was soaked, so it was obvious he had been outside a while.

"I'm sorry Jordan. I ran away when you didn't give me the muffin and I got stuck" Little Emily mumbled in my shirt, still clinging to me.

I gently placed her in his hands once he caught his breath. He didn't look the least angry, just happy he found her.

"Thank you so much Luna. I'm sorry for all the trouble."

"That's okay Jordan, I'm happy to help. Just get this little one a muffin and we'll call it even" I smiled as I ruffled her hair.

He smiled brightly at me and thanked me again before heading to the pack house.

The rain was starting to ease up while I headed back to the area I found Emily. I gathered a few logs and boarded the area so that no one gets stuck again.

Feeling satisfied, I got ready to finally head home when something unusual caught my eye. That doesn't look like it belongs to the woods, I thought as I slowly walked over to it.

I stopped suddenly when I realized what it was.

A body.

It looked like it had been buried in a grave too shallow, and the heavy rain washed away most of the dirt. Whoever it is was wrapped in white sheets that were now stained with mud.

I trembled as I took slow steady steps towards it. Is he a wolf? I doubt it. Luka hadn't gotten any missing wolf report.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the sheets was that he was wearing a red uniform. He looked like a kid, about 16 years old.

And that's when I remembered.

*Flashback*

"Hey Kera what's this? "

I gazed at the flyer of the missing boy who I've surely never seen before.