Who's Watching Whom

Gray woke up to an unfamiliar alarm clock, and the sun was coming in from the wrong direction. He vaguely realized this was twice that he had woken up strangely, but it still took him a moment to realize what was wrong.

Or what was right, because he opened his eyes to see Natsu half-naked in bed with him.

Green eyes glittered sleepily at him. "Bonjour, mon chéri."

That was right! They were in Paris. "Bonjour."

Natsu traced Gray's cheek, unable to stop being amazed that he got to have such a handsome boyfriend in his bed.

"So, am I to play your husband starting now?"

Natsu blushed at being reminded of his request. "Idiot. We've been playing make-believe since last night."

"I must've missed the honeymoon."

Natsu leaned in close and whispered, "That comes later."

"Oh? Are we newlyweds then? Is that what you want?"

Natsu hummed at the idea and gave Gray a kiss. "I do," he whispered with a twinkle in his eyes.

Now Gray felt his cheeks burning up. However, Natsu chuckled and pulled back.

"I have a busy day. I want breakfast with you. This place has a great buffet."

"If that's what my darling wants." He stood up and stretched.

"I need a shower first." He paused and looked back at Gray with a slight regret in his face. "Also, I really am on a schedule. Sorry if I have to rush a little."

Gray chuckled. "You go first. I'll get my shower after you're off at work."

Natsu nodded and headed to the bathroom. Gray looked around the hotel room, really taking it all in now that it was morning.

He muttered, "Just wish I had a computer, even a laptop." He shrugged and pulled out his phone to read the news and social media.

Natsu glanced back at Gray reclining in bed with his phone, looking relaxed now. Good. This really was a crazy whim of his, but he was glad Gray put up with it.

They cleaned up, dressed, and went to the restaurant attached to the hotel to eat breakfast. There, they met up with Pierre Lécuyer, head of the Paris branch.

"Bonjour, Monsieur Dragneel, Monsieur Gray. It's a beautiful morning, no? May I sit with you during breakfast."

"Of course," Natsu said, waving him to follow. "Have you eaten? Order whatever you want."

"C'est gentil, mais j'ai déjà mangé. Peut-être un café. Je parlerai pendant que vous mangez." That's kind, but I've already eaten. Maybe a coffee. I will speak while you eat.

Natsu nodded and turned to Gray. "Is it okay if he joins us?"

Gray shrugged. "Hey, you're here on business. I'm just along for the ride."

From there on, Pierre slipped into French to discuss business since it was easier for him, and Natsu replied in kind with fluent ease. They went through the buffet line, got a table, and Gray ate silently, letting the two talk business. That was the whole purpose of this trip, after all. He did not want to get in Natsu's way, nor be a bother to the company.

When they were done eating, Natsu and Pierre were still in deep discussion, but Natsu put it on pause.

"Gray, let's go back to the room. I need to get into my suit, and then I need to hurry off."

"Is everything okay?"

"No," he said honestly, "but I'll make it better."

Pierre bowed to them. "I am sorry, Monsieur Gray. I ruined your breakfast."