Chapter 1- Beijing

Start from the beginning

"What is that yummy smell?" She exaggeratingly sniffs her nose and walks in before you can say something.

"Yes, please do enter," you mumble as you close the door. You enter the kitchen and shake your head at Liu Mei, who is speaking to your mother.

Things never change.

"Mrs. Suelgi, did I mention that your cooking is the best homemade cooking," Mei smiles wide at your mother.

"Such sweet words, why don't you join us?" You lift your eyebrows.

"Ama, if you let Liu Mei join us, she will finish all our breakfast," Liu Mei glares at you and you respond with a shrug while taking your seat beside Mingmei, who is still frowning. You pinch her cheek.

She swats your hand away and continues frowning.

"Mingmei it's not ladylike to frown at the table, now eat your breakfast," your mother gives her a stern look. Slightly she dishes up her a dumpling with a pout still hanging on her lips.

"Why are you frowning in any case?" Liu Mei glances at Mingmei while dishing up for herself

"I don't want to go to school today," she grumbles. You shake your head at your sister.

"When do you want to go to school?" You ask her sarcastically with a laugh, knowing that Mingmei despises going to school.

A sound of notification goes off. Liu Mei apologetically looks at your mother and quickly takes out her phone. Her eyes widen, and she jumps up in excitement and squeals.

"A new episode posted on Run BTS!" Your mother jerks her head towards Liu Mei.

"Let me see that," your mother looks at Liu Mei's phone and fans herself at what she is looking at. Your sister gasps and hurries over to Liu Mei to look at her phone as well. You carry on eating, groaning as everyone at the table begins fangirling.

"My mother is a child trapped in a woman's body."

"Wait, I just realized I forgot something." Liu Mei runs out of the kitchen, out of the house, and a moment later brings in a big brown box. She places it on the floor and opens it.

You curiously watch her as she takes out a pink bag and gives it to Mingmei. You take a closer look at it.

Of course.