We sat on the blanket and began eating the food that's on the basket. We talk and laugh while eating. Frankly, I'm delighted to be with Sanjie, but I'm pleased when I'm with Sander. Maybe I'm confiding it because I'm in love with Sander, and not with his cousin.

"This belongs to my grandmother." He said while his eyes wandered around the garden.

"Hindi ba siya magagalit na dinala mo ako dito?" I asked.

He laughed. "Of course not!"

I was about to ask him another question when he asked me.

"Do you know why I brought you here?"

I shook my head. I don't know. He just brought me here and was shocked to see a picnic set up in this garden.

He looked at me. "Because you're special." He admitted.

I was amazed to hear his answer. I didn't foresee it coming. I'm special? To him? My heart's whipping so fast again and I don't comprehend why.

"My grandfather made this garden for my grandmother because he was special to her. So, my grandfather told me before, if there's a girl who's special to me, I'll bring her here." He dealt.

I'm special to him... Maybe, I'm just a special friend to him.

I somehow felt unhappy because I think Sanjie only sees me as his friend...his special friend. He didn't tell me precisely to. I shouldn't be disheartened rather I should be thankful because someone dealt with me special, but I can't.

I'm not falling for him, right? Because I'm into Sander...I'm into his cousin.

***

"Are you okay? Kanina ka pa tahimik."

I nodded. "I-I'm okay," I answered.

We arrived at my house. So I got out of his car and so he was. He gave me back my things and I thanked him.

"You sure you're okay?" He asked clearly.

"Yes...I'm okay. Napagod lang ako sa byahe kaya tahimik lang ako." I...lied.

I'm not okay. I'm still thinking about what he said when were still in the garden. I couldn't help to think what he meant by special? Special friend? Special—what?

I almost scream when Sanjie pulled me to him and hugged me. I was surprised at what he did. W-Why?

"Whatever you're worrying about right now. Stop it. Get rid of it in your mind." He mumbled.

I didn't respond, so I heard him sigh.

"I can read your mind, Zephaniah."

I froze. W-What?

"You've misinterpreted it." He proceeded.

I laughed awkwardly. "W-What are you talking about?"

"You're more than a special friend." He confessed.

What he said surprised me. What does he mean? I was about to ask him when he quit hugging me and smiled at me. His smile made me bewildered.

"You better go inside Zephaniah. It's getting cold." He said, and walk towards back to his car and get in the driver's seat.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said and began the engine of his car, then left.

I was left standing and stunned as to what he said. What does he mean by more than a special friend? Does this mean... Sanjie likes me?

——

"You okay Aniah girl?" I heard Maxi asked.

"I-I am!" I replied quickly.