Valdemar with a cat

MC walked up to Valdemar in the dungeon, sitting next to them, "Dear, I have to travel, and I can't bring Pepper with me..."

"I'm not taking care of that thing," Valdemar said, not taking their eyes off the book.

"Please..." they clinged on their hand," For me."

Valdemar took a glance at MC's adorable face, giving in, "Fine..."

"Thank you," Mc said, kissing them on the cheek," I'll give you all of her things. Trust me, you won't even notice her. She sleeps most of the time. Also, you should feed her-"

"I know the basics. No need to tell me about that," they simply stated, returning to their work.

"Oh, right. Once again, thank you so much," MC said, hugging them, then getting more serious, "Also, if I see on her a single stitch from the vivisection, you're dead."

"You're no fun," they pouted.

"I'm serious," MC told them. Once they went into MC's home, taking everything that one cat might need, MC kissed Valdemar once again, taking their backpack," Have fun."

As soon as MC was out of sight, Valdemar took a long look at the cat. Would MC be able to find the stitches? After a moment of thinking, they decided to drop the idea. They grabbed the cat, as well as the food and whatnot, carrying it to the dungeons.

Surprisingly enough, MC was right. The cat would sleep at the side most of the time and, once it was time for Valdemar to return to their estate, the cat would wake up. This was an amazing scenario and everything was going well, until Pepper woke one day in the dungeon, knocking down scalpels off the table.

Valdemar stared at the scalpels on the floor, then at the cat, "Why would you do that? What is wrong with you?"

"Mrrow."

Valdemar sighed, picking up the scalpels, putting them on a higher place, trying his best to explain to the cat why it shouldn't do that. For God's sake, Valdemar might get in trouble even though they didn't do anything!

Of course, Pepper just stared at them, loving that she finally got some attention from the Quaestor. As soon as Valdemar got back to their desk, they heard another loud bang. Pepper got to the scalpels, again.

"Stop it," Valdemar said with venom in their voice. That seemed to have discouraged Pepper from being mischievous for the day, as she went back into her corner, purring until she fell asleep. Valdemar sighed as they watched the cat sleep, "I won't even notice her..." they muttered MC's words as they went back to work. Who knows how much time has passed when they've heard strange noises. They took a glance at the place where Pepper was asleep and, much to their surprise, she wasn't there. Shit.

They stood up, feeling their patience running out, as they went to look for the cat. After a while, they found the cat under the table, scratching it with its claws, happily meowing once they saw Valdemar.

At the sight of what that little monster has done to the table, they sighed, hiding their face in their gloves. It took every ounce of their energy not to take the cat and throw it into the beetle pit. If only the cat was dumb enough to jump in it herself.

"Meow," the cat purred once it was done scratching the table, walking up to Valdemar, purring as she nuzzled her head on their leg.

"Do you seriously believe this is enough to make me forgive you? God, why does MC even keep you?" they muttered as they grabbed the cat, putting it back on her small bed, "Don't. Go. Anywhere."

Thankfully, Pepper didn't do much for the rest of the day. However, it is the next day where she went over the line. Valdemar was cleaning the scalpels, as always, and they noticed that the little freak was soundly asleep. After they've put the scalpels in the box, they silently left, looking for a new specimen for experimenting. Right after they've brought the unconscious victim in the dungeon, they noticed that the whole place looked like a mess. The ink was spilt all over their notebooks, and ink pawprints were everywhere. Some of the doctors' suits were torn beyond repair, small pieces of fabric being all over the place. And in the middle of the whole mess was Pepper, half of her face black from the ink, happily meowing.