Courtiers when MC goes on a long trip

Volta

"So, I'm off to travel," MC stated once again as they took their bags off the floor, walking to the carriage.

"Did you pack enough food?" Volta asked as they tried to put in a sandwich in Mc's bag.

"I did Volta," MC reassured them, "We've packed it together, remember?"

"But, but," Volta looked at them in disbelief, "That can't be all you're taking, right, right?"

"Trust me, it's enough," they reassured her as they gave her a quick peck on the lips, "Will you be fine without me around?"

"Oh, of course!" Volta smiled as she hugged MC one last time, "Volta has been alone for so long, she'll be fine!"

"Alright," MC returned the hug as they let their hand pet Volta's hair one last time," I'll send you letters."

"Oh, please do," she said with a smile, "Take care!"

Once MC was out of sight Volta let out a sigh and went back to her estate. Happily, she started eating her food as if nothing happened. It was only the next week when she didn't find MC that she started to panic. Oh, they're gone, right. When did they say they'll return? Two months, right. That's no big deal to her. She is 100 years old! She can survive a few months...

"Um, sir," one of the servants said as they carried an envelope, "You have a letter."

"From whom?" she asked, curious. Does Nadia want to hold another meeting?

"MC, si-" as soon as he said MC's name Volta jumped at him, snatching the envelope. With her tiny hands, she tried her best to open it but to no avail. Frustrated, she tore the envelope, taking out a parchment of paper.

My dearest Volta,

After a whole week of being bored to death, I finally got to Nevivon. Unfortunately, I haven't visited any interesting place, so I have nothing to write about.

I truly wish that you could write me a letter telling me about how you've been, but I have no clue where I might end up by the time you receive this letter.

Take care,

MC

Volta reread the letter a couple of times, wishing she was with MC, but oh well, it can't be helped. The most important thing is that they are safe and sound now. Feeling the warmth from MC's kind words fill her heart, she put the letter on her desk and went to have dinner, thinking about MC the whole time. As she finished her 4th dinner she started to worry. MC never said if they had enough food. What if they're hungry? Oh, poor little MC... she can't do anything for them. The whole night was spent with zero sleep, Volta just couldn't rest at the thought of MC being hungry.

Worry was eating her out, clouding her mind, not being able to do anything but think about the worst scenarios that could happen to MC. Frantically, she walked through her mansion, falling over many of her antiques that were collecting dust. As she stared at her scratched wrist, she started to panic more. If a demon like her could get hurt in the comfort of her home then who knows what could happen to MC! She bit her nails from stress until she felt the blood run down her fingers.

Just before she was about to ask for help, the servant came by and, with clear worry, helped poor Volta with the wounds. After he was done with bandaging the arm, he pulled out an envelope from his pocket, helping Volta open it. He put down the piece of paper on her lap and left the room.

She quickly took the paper, then immediately stopped from the pain on her fingertips. After taking a deep breath, she read the letter. There wasn't anything that could interest Volta, MC talked about the beaches, different people they met as well as the food they tried. Food! So, they are eating well. Volta let out a loud sigh, happy that none of her worries was true.