Hierophant meeting MC

And once again, MC is trying to perform the ritual. The light blue powder is thrown into the flame and they started to inhale the smoke. Once there were only ashes left of the powder, MC went to bed, lighting three blue candles. They closed their eyes, hoping that this time, they'll get in contact with the Hierophant.

And, oddly enough, they found themselves in a vineyard. MC stared at the place in disbelief. Is this Hierophant's realm? They walked amongst the grapevine, breathing in the familiar scent of brewed wine. Even though they didn't know where they were, at least they felt better, knowing they're not in any malicious realm. They continued walking until they caught the sight of some marble structure. The yellow grass rustled as a familiar figure walked to MC, "You never know when to give up, do you?"

MC turned to them, gasping in excitement, "It's you!" they walked closer, trying not to offend the Arcana, "I've tried to contact you so many times-"

"I know," he said as he examined the human in front of them, "You're rather persistent. What is it you're looking for?"

MC smiled and started explaining, "Well, I don't know if every Arcana can do it," they sheepishly admitted, "But, I want to find a cure for the red plague. Please, I'll do anything!" they begged hierophant, "I just," their eyes became watery, "I just can't bear to look at dying people anymore!"

"They're not the first, nor the last people who have died," Hierophant responded coldly.

"Yes, but I, I can't handle it!" MC insisted tearing up a bit. They quickly wiped off their tears, "I know that I can't save everyone, but, I just hate looking at them, knowing that they'll die and I won't be able to do anything! Please, please help me find the cure."

The Hierophant just stared at MC for a moment, trying to think it all through. He knew what awaits MC. So, the question is: will he blatantly tell MC that the cure isn't something, but someone, or will he just tell MC to give up and enjoy their life while they can?

"Sir, please, I," they sobbed, unable to find the right words, "No one has ever experienced anything like this. We're all scared. I just, I don't want to see any of my loved ones to die, yet, I have to bear the fact that my colleagues are dying in front of me. I, I could be the next one."

Hierophant stared at them with pity. How sad, they don't understand how close to the truth they are.

"I, I read in some books that I can make deals with the Arcana," they stared at him directly in the eyes, "Do you, do you want that? Do you want me to make a deal? I don't care what the price is, just," they stopped for a moment, feeling Hierophant's furry hand, ruffling their hair.

"You've cried enough for today, wouldn't you agree?"

"You, you'll help me?" they asked with hope in their eyes.

The hierophant only nodded, catching a glimpse of the grass in their realm turning red. They knew it was a warning and that they can't do much about it. Together they went to the marble library. The room had its walls occupied with books from the ceiling to the floor.

"Just read some books you might think are useful for today. I'll give you more accurate literature tomorrow."

MC nodded, looking from one shelf to the other for the books they heard were useful. Some of the books were in a language they couldn't recognise, while others were so old they were barely readable. Of course, that didn't stop them, how could it? They won't let this chance slip just because some of the ink faded.

On the other hand, the Hierophant walked in his vineyard, as usual. This time, he noticed that some of the grass turned red, as well as the grapes near it. Without giving it more thought, he stomped on the hair of the grass, dragging his foot as he tore down the grapes with his claws. What does the devil want now? And this human, just approaching them out of nowhere, looking for a cure in the wrong place. He can't just let them go, who knows what stupid idea they might get. Maybe they would even make a deal with the devil just to find the cure. That can't do. Nothing seemed to go his way. What a bother. He can't even tell the human who is responsible or else who knows what the devil might do. Then, an idea hit him - sure, he can't say who is responsible, but he can imply it.