"And how did that go?" I played along. I tried to maneuver myself to see his hands, but Regulus kept moving out of my way. "Did you take anything from the lake?"

"We didn't see any today. And no, we were just looking. We didn't take anything from the lake."

Very quickly, Regulus' hands were shoved in his pockets. I once again saw a flash of silver. Unamusement blanketed my face. I also happened to know the mermaids in the Black Lake were highly active on rainy days.

"Fine, but I hope whatever you're hiding is to prank Snape," I emphasized as I gave Regulus an accusing glance. Blush covered the boys' face. He still hid his hands beneath the folds of his robes. 

The boys scampered away up the mudslide of a hill. They couldn't believe their luck that I didn't reprimand them. I remembered how much trouble I used to get in on Hogwarts grounds and knew as long as I didn't receive an expulsion letter from Snape, whatever the boys were hiding probably wasn't something to be concerned about.

I trekked forward through the drizzle. My feet slid through mud as I approached the groundskeeper's hut near the edge of the Forbidden Forest. Smoke bellowed from the chimney. I hoped there was a roaring fire inside to thaw my bones in front of. My hand anxiously rapped at the large wooden door of the hut. Barking could be heard from inside, and the thud of loud footsteps. Then, the door swung open.

"Lexi Black!" Hagrid bellowed with a smile behind his bushy beard. Fang lunged against his collar, dying to see me. He let the wolfhound go, and Fang bounded up to me, sniffing my robes and wagging his tail. I'd always had a way with unruly dogs.

"Hagrid, how are you?" I greeted, blinking the rain out of my face. "Do you mind if I come in?"

Hagrid immediately stepped aside and ushered me in to his hut. Soon, I was warming up beside his fireplace in an oversized chair as Hagrid prepared a kettle of tea. He told me excitedly about the great help Regulus had been with tending the Abraxans. Fang comfortably lounged at my feet.

"I'm tellin' you, Lexi, yer boy might be the next Scamander!" Hagrid said with a hearty laugh. I was proud to hear about Regulus' talents and his interests in magical creatures.

"Hagrid, I have a question for you," I cautiously said after he finished his story. "Do you know whatever happened to Sirius' flying motorcycle?"

Hagrid dropped the cup of tea he was carrying to me. Luckily, I swiftly caught it with a spell before the porcelain shattered on the ground.

"I do, s'matter of fact," Hagrid replied. "Yer husband gave it to me that night..."

Hagrid didn't need to continue his story. I'd already heard from Sirius that he'd given his flying motorcycle to Hagrid the night the Potters were murdered. He'd abandoned the magical object just before setting off to find Peter.

"And you still have it!"

"O'course I do! I've had lots of use out of it!" Hagrid's face went dark. "Yer boss at the Improper Use of Magic isn't tryin' to confiscate it, is she?"

"No, not at all!" I assured. I could tell Hagrid had grown attached to the bike. "Hagrid, what I'm about to ask may be too much, but I was wondering if you would consider selling the motorcycle to me. It holds a lot of sentimental value... I watched James and Sirius build it part by part. I would love to see it back in the Black family."

Behind his bushy beard, Hagrid looked disappointed. My stomach twisted. I hoped he would consider parting with the bike.

"There is no need to pay me for it, Lexi," Hagrid said with a sigh. "You are its rightful owner! I suppose I should've given it ter you years ago..."