WHERE YOU ARE

So you have this fantastic story idea. You've carefully created characters that you love with all your heart, you've written a roller coaster of a plot, you've written your first chapter, and you've hit the publish button for the very first time. You sit back, eager for the reads to roll in. Except . . . hours pass, and your reads remain firmly stuck in place.

Sound familiar? You're not alone.

As much as it sucks, writing alone won't help you gain reads on Wattpad. As much as your writing needs to be good, you also need to appeal to the brain behind it all. Churning behind every story, reader, and nook and cranny of the platform is the cruel and unforgiving Algorithm. Capital A for importance. 

In this help book, to ease your ride through the jumble of chapters, our cult - we mean our community - has halved it for navigation. 

There are two main Categories: WRITING and ALGORITHM. 

WRITING is focused solely on writing tips: how to set out a plot, make characters, draw your readers in so they want to keep reading.

ALGORITHM is for all other things: how to gain followers, traction, fans (crazy as it sounds, it's possible), and more.

Please comment if you have questions. We—our community, which is definitely not a cult—will come to your aid and answer dutifully and hopefully timely.