CHAPTER THIRTY

We started talking about the Southern Tribe and he took me to what he call his favorite spot in the palace. I could see why, the balcony looked over the entire tribe. People were walking around and we watched them also enjoying the water.

   "Wow, I'll could never get used to this view." I sighed leaning on the rail.

   "It's almost as beautiful as you." He said and blushed. "Too cheesy?"

   "Just a little." I smiled nudging him with my shoulder.

   "So I wanna know why your parents let you and your siblings travel with the Avatar." I looked at him.

   "Actually, crazy story." I said. "But my mom was... killed by the Fire Nation when I nine ..." I sighed. "This necklace was passed down from my grandmother to her and then to my sister and I."

   "That's nice." He smiled making me smile back. "You always have a piece of her with you, she'll protect you no matter."

   I smiled holding back the tears as my stomach fluttered once again. I cleared my throat. "And my dad went to fight the Fire Nation along with the other men of our tribe. It's been two years since I've seen him."

   "Oh, you had brave parents." He said. "So what happened?"

   I explained how my siblings found the Avatar and how I was taken prisoner for the banished prince twice and so on with the full story up until this moment.

   "Um... So an ice dragon?" He asked.

   I shrugged back. "I don't know. I've never actually seen it... yesterday was the first time I've actually got a full look of it. That and I don't know how to summon it."

   "Kaida, you're a powerful bender, you'll figure it out eventually." He grinned and tapped up my chin.

   "Alright, no more talking I have another place we can go to have fun." He said and pulled me by his side.

   Yoshiro pulled me to a place made of just ice. We were ice skating and he actually got me to smile and chuckle.

   He made it seem so easy.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

   "So did you have fun on your first date?" He asked that night when we were walking back to the hut I was staying at.

   "Yeah." I smiled my fingers were laced through his and it was enough to kill me if I hadn't composed myself. "Thanks maybe we can hang out more some other time."

   "Well, I study with Master Pakku sometimes so hopefully we can work together." Yoshiro replied and I nodded. "Night Ice queen."

   "Night, Prince Yoshiro." I taunted and he chuckled then kissed the back of my hand making me blush like crazy. He smirked and walked away.

   I inhaled deeply, trying to calm down before I walked in so I wouldn't embarrass myself even more. When I felt calm I walked into the hut a smile on my face.

   "How was your date?" Katara asked with a grin.

   "Big mouth!" I looked at Sokka, they all looked at me waiting for an answer. "It was good...Yoshiro is a good guy..."