Chapter 21

Alex has been treated quite highly before by her peers, which meant she had quite the ego.

This loss hurted her pride. Especially when she realized her enemy didn't even take her that seriously, and now he was taunting her.

When she went back, Aria tried comforting her. But it was like adding salt to her wound at that point.

She slapped Aria's hand away

"Don't talk to me"

Aria was surprised

"She's so ungrateful sometimes" Shin commented

"Maybe she's still adjusting. She hasn't even been here long" Aria replied

"Are you ready?"

"Whoever wins or loses, no hard feelings"

Aria laughed, "haha, I'll try my best then"

"Next battle! Aria Rosine versus Shin Lotriare!"

Servants' arena :

When Ren was getting ready to go in front, her opponent opened her case which had about 6 explosives filled with mana.

'is she trying to kill someone with that?!?'
Ren shivered

Not only did he not have a battle outfit, all he had was a dagger that was borrowed from Shin.

'The novel could've explained the this part of the battles a little more in detail. I thought it would be fucking simple hand to hand combat!' ರ╭╮ರ

Then again, this was before the novel started. They definitely wouldn't explain much on this side during flashbacks.

Roselita put the explosives in her satchel while her pistols were on his waist.

Her outfit didn't seem that different from normal, it just looked shorter.

"Begin!"

Roselita quickly grabbed her pistols and began to shoot at Ren.

Ren held his dagger tightly ran around the battlefield. Unfortunately, there was nowhere to hide.

No matter where Ren ran, the bullets followed.

1 hit.

Thankfully, the body he was in was pretty good at anything physical. With it, Ren managed to avoid most of the bullets.

'Master said she'll let me hug her if I win... And this man is in the way!' Roselita thought

She put back one of her pistols and grabbed two mana bombs.

"This is all for master!"

When the bombs were midair, Ren went on the opposite side. But, he was still caught in one of the explosions.

2 hits.

"Are you trying to kill me?!?"

Roselita immediately started shooting at him again.

'this can't go on, or I'll definitely lose. I have to close the distance'

His life was on the line, and he'll do what it takes to live

•System•
-use this body to your advantage, host

"I am!" Ren mumbled

That's when he thought of something.

"For someone who has way more options than her opponent, who only has a dagger, you've only managed to hit me twice. What's up with that?" Ren sneered