Chapter 3.

(August in the picture!)

~Bethany~

I threw back my third drink as the bartender walked towards me.

"Still going huh, Bethany?"

He smiled, showing his straight teeth.

"Get me another one." I mumbled, giggling. "And how do you know my name?"

His eyebrows lifted in shock.

"You don't remember me?"

I tried to match his face to my memories.

Did I sleep with him?

I shook my head.

"Derek Matthews." He reached to shake my hand but I tried to fist bump him instead. He chuckled. "I sat behind you in Geometry in high school."

A thought clicked in my head.

"Oh yeaaah. Big dick Derek." I said and then blushed in embarrassment.

He chuckled again but stopped as his gaze settled above my shoulder.

"Is you gon' move or what?" A voice said behind me.

I spun around to correct the rude behavior.

"August?"

His face pulled into a smile.

"Bethany."

I turned my back to the asshole, praying he'd walk away.

Instead, he sat down on the stool beside me.

Of course.

"So you just gone ignore me? I thought we was good!"

I turned to glare at him.

"Good? Get out of my face August."

Derek brought me another drink as August kissed his teeth and sulked off with a "Man, whatever."

"You need it." He said and we shared a laugh.

We started up a simple conversation: jobs, what we had been doing since high school, and we exchanged phone numbers to keep in touch.

He brought me another drink along with a bottle of water which I ignored.

It's when he asked about relationships that I choked on my drink.

"A tough subject I'm guessing?" He said, trying not to laugh at me choking.

I flipped him off and put down a couple 20 dollar bills as his laughter increased.

"Goodnight. I'll call you a cab," He yelled out, still laughing, as I stood and stumbled to the exit.

I guess I was little more tipsy than I thought.

I stood up against a wall outside and tried to clear my vision as a cab pulled up.

I reached for the door handle but was pulled back gently by my waist as someone else opened it for me.

"Afta' you." They said.

I fell into the cab and heard them close the door after they climbed in as well.

When the cabdriver asked me the address of my apartment, I realized I couldn't remember.

"I'll jus take ha home." The stranger slurred with a laugh.

The cabbie shrugged and started driving.

I giggled and pushed him against the door.

"Are you one of those creepy guys *hiccup* that takes pretty girls to his basement to advantage of them?" I purred, unable to see his face clearly.

"Nope." He replied, popping the "p" like a child. "Ion even have a basement girl."

My better nature realized that I was drunk as hell and probably shouldn't have left my phone at home.

But the idiotic drunk me decided then was the time to play tennis with our tongues and I wrapped myself around him as we made out hard.

But hey, it was Saturday night.