Chapter 20.

(Serena in the picture!)

~August~

I leaned back in my seat and inhaled the blunt.

I needed this shit right now.

How was I gonna get my gir-Bethany back?

She practically hated me for doing something good for once!

Damn, all I was tryna do was move foward but nah, she gotta yell at me in front of all them people in that damn restaurant.

Sometimes, the way Bethany talked to me made me wanna lay my hands on ha, but I wasn't with that abuse shit.

She was lucky I loved ha ass or I wouldn't be doing what I was about to do.

I inhaled deeply from the blunt and slowly released it, threw it to the ground, and stepped on it.

Let's do this shit.

I stepped out of the car and walked up to the door.

I knew she was home because her car was in the driveway.

If it wasn't for this damn child I wouldn't even have been talking to this chick.

I started to knock but instead just walk in.

"Sylvia?" I called out, walking into the kitchen area.

"Up here!" She called from upstairs.

I jogged up the stairs and found her in Serena's room.

"Daddy!" Serena ran and jumped into my arms. "Daddy I missed you so mush! This boy at school named Jason said I was cute but you said boys have cooties so I said-"

"Woaah there, baybeh girl. Catch ya breath." I chuckled, spinning her around. "Go downstairs and watch tv and lemme talk to mama real quick."

"Yes sir!" She sprinted downstairs.

"Serena Alicia stop running in my damn house!" Sylvia yelled after her, then turned to me. "That little girl think my house is the damn playground."

I rolled my eyes.

"Mhmm. Sylvia we need to talk."I said getting to the point.

"What the fuck-" She started speaking Spanish fast as hell.

How and why did I ever hook up with this loud ass chick?

"Chill with that bilingual shit, Syl. Look, what we been doin' for the past couple of months has gotta stop. No more sex, freaky pictures, nun'a that."

She smacked her lips. "Nigga you can't just stop fuckin' with me like this! You know you gone miss all this good pussy and this culo (ass)." She slapped her ass. "Why the hell would I quit when you be putting it down just how I like? Hell no! This ain't over, YUNG."

I put my hands in my pockets to keep from choking the fuck outta her.

"That ain't my name no mo' so chill. Bitch, yo pussy is far from good. You can fit 5 of my dicks up in there. Fuck out my face with that. Only reason I was withcho ass was cause you the motha of my daughta and you be giving that top notch dome. I got too much shit on my plate right now and ain't no more room for yo bullshit, Sylvia. I'm taking Serena and I'll bring her back to'marow night. Peace." I chucked a duece up, grab Serena's overnight bag, and walked downstairs.

This bitch...

"Leggo baybeh." I said, holding the door open for her.

"Ooh daddy can we get ice cream pwetty pwease." She poked out her lip and widened her eyes.

Ah shit, not this look.

Stay strong Aug.

"Yeah ight." I mumbled, looking away from her.

She fist pumped. "Yeess! Ice cream! Ice cream!" She chanted.

"Spoiled ass."

"Oooh bad word! Bad word. I'm telling Grandpa on you." She cheesed, showing her missing front tooth.

I groaned and slipped her five bucks after buckling her in.

What a spoiled child have I created.

I backed out of the driveway and headed towards the nearest ice cream shop.

I picked up my phone and scrolled through my contacts.

My thumb hovered over Bethany's name.

Should I call her?

Nah, I'd do it later.

She might have been busy...

With Derek.

My jaw clenches.

That nigga was gone end up fuckin' up me and Bethany.

Gotta get his ass under control one way or another...

~Bethany~

The moment his lips touched mine I kissed back.

Well it wasn't my damn fault my hormones all over the place.

Okay, technically it was my fault since I was the one got pregnant but that's beside the point.

"Mm, Bethany." He mumbled against my lips. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

He trailed kisses from my lips, down my chin, to my throat.

He showed my neck a little attention thenwent back to my lips.

"Derek..." I sighed as he runs his hands down my back.

I kind of wanted to stop but my body was begging for Derek.

At least that's what I told myself.

"Bethany...wait." He groaned as I tugged at his pants.

He grabbed my hands and sat up.

My eyes popped open and I looked down to see I was straddling him.

"Oh my...I am so sorry, D." I jumped off him, embarrassed. "I don't know what I was thinking."

"It's cool. You just got caught up in the moment, right?" He fixed his clothes and stood up.

"Y-yeah. Pregnancy hormones and all that." I agreed, not looking at him.

He looked at me sideways.

He was silent for a while and just stared at me.

"You still love him don't you?" He asked, chuckling.

My head popped up.

"Whaa? Who?" My eyes widened. "Derek, no. I-"

He held up his hand, "Nah. I know you don't feel for me what I feel for you. Even after all these years, you still stuck on him." He laughed again and walked to the door.

"Derek. I'm sorry. It's not even like that." I tried to explain.

"It's cool." He turned and smiled sadly at me. "I'll hit you up later. You can't help who you love right?"

I heard the front door close.

"What the hell just happened?" I whispered to myself.

I think I just lost my best friend...

Over August

What is August doing to me?

"Maybe I do still love August."I said to myself.

"Is that true?"

I looked up and saw him smiling at me in the doorway of my room.

"Bethany, do you love me?"

I opened my mouth. "August, I-"