Chapter 13.

~August~

I sat on the floor of the doctor's office and stared at my son's picture.

My son.

My own little man.

He ain't even born yet and I already fucked up my chances with him.

I can't believe Bethany finna take my son away from me.

I can't let her take him.

She won't take him.

Whatever it takes to keep him with me, I'll do it.

Whatever it takes.

~Bethany~

Storming out of the doctor's office, I felt so many emotions at once.

Embarrassed

Ashamed

And pissed as hell.

"He always does stuff like this." I complained to Derek. "What the hell is wrong with him?"

He ran his hands through my hair on his lap.

"I mean, a lot of things." He started. "He's an asshole, obviously. He fugly as hell, breath always rank like booty and grape juice. Don't even get me started on his stroke game-"

I busted out laughing.

"Derek," I sat up and playfully slapped his arm. "I'm serious. He really pissed me off. I can't believe he thought I was getting an abortion! After I specifically told him-" I paused and took a breath.

"Damn, B. Calm down 'fore your fat ass goes into labor or some shit." He laughed but stopped when he saw my eyes watering.

I can't believe he called me fat.

I mean yeah, my boobs have gotten a little bigger and my butt and thighs too but he ain't have to call me fat.

"So I'm fat?" I asked, suddenly angry.

"Nah Bethany, I ain't mean-" He tried to say but I threw a pillow at his face.

He easily blocks it with a laugh.

I glared at him and moved to the other couch.

"Aw come on." He chuckled. "Bethany. I'm sorry."

I looked away from him and he sighed.

"What do I have to do for you to-"

"A dill pickle and an orange slurpee from 7/11 please." I smiled sweetly.

He shook his head at my sudden mood change and stood up.

"It might take a while though. I gotta go check on Darien with my moms." He said, then mumbled under his breath, "yo demanding pregnant ass," before he left.

I laughed and cuddled up to my favorite Spongebob pillow.

No matter how many people screwed me over, Spongebob would always be there.

Just as I started to fall asleep, my phone lit up with a call from August.

Again.

I sighed and finally just answered.

"What."

"Oh, so you can answer ya phone?" He stated sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes."I'm honestly not in the mood. What do you want?"

"Look, no matter how much we can't stand each other, we still have this...thing to think about and we have to-"

"By thing you mean our son, asshole." I hissed into the phone.

"Damn, can I finish?" He kisses his teeth. "I don't want our son to come into this world with his parents hating each other and it doesn't help that we hardly see each other so..." He drifted off.

"So what August? I don't have time for this." I lied, knowing that I didn't have a damn thing to do.

He stayed silent.

"August you assh-"

"I want you to move in with me."