-2- I Put It Out Of My Mind

I woke up at around 9:45 in the morning, the sun peeking through the window. I sighed and check my phone, nothing. Not even a call from my dad. No concern as to where his own daughter was. I sighed, getting out of bed and going to eat breakfast.

          “How could he just not care?” I asked myself while pulling a granola bar out of the pantry. “I know he hates me, I mean he say’s it every day, but seriously he’s not concerned at all?” I rambled to myself while walking out to my car to get the pile of clothes I had hastily grabbed from my bag before my dad blocked me. I threw the clothes on the bed, sorting through them. “I better have my uniform.” I grumbled, throwing articles to the other side of me. “ahha!” I screamed, holding up my work uniform. I hopped off the the bed and brought a bra, underwear, and my uniform to the bathroom and took a shower.

        After a hot shower, I applied some of my grandma’s makeup, which was a desperate move, and checked the clock. 10:30am. Quickly, I threw on my shoes, grabbed my phone and keys, locked up the house, and head to work.

        An hour drive later, I found myself walking into work.

        “Hey Conor!” one of my coworkers greeted me.

        “Hey Mia!” I responded, trying to sound as cheery as she did. I Went to the backroom to put my keys down and get anything else I needed, then joined Mia behind the counter. At the moment, Starbucks was packed with people. We were serving and taking orders like wild.

        A few hours into my shift and I was totally in the zone. Well at least I was until these 3 boys came crashing in through the door.

        “HEY NASH! GO LONG!” the tall dark-haired boy screamed, throwing his wallet across the room to another tall boy who I assumed as Nash. Nash went in line while his other loud friends took a table. I continued my work, a yelp or loud inappropriate comment occasionally interrupting the peace of the shop.

        “Should I tell them to keep it down?” I asked Mia, who seemed bothered by the boys as well.

        “Yeah, I can manage for a few seconds.” She assured me, nodding in approval. I wiped my hands on my apron and walked over to the table of boys.

        “Hey.” I awkwardly introduced myself.

        “Can we help you?” The dark haired one rudely asked.

       “Actually you can.” I angrily retorted. “Either quiet down or get out. You’re disturbing other costumers and employees.” I informed them, then walked away to the sound of boys laughing.

        “Sorry about them, welcome to starbucks, what can I do for you?” I asked, not looking up from the register.

        “Uh, it’s no problem.” I heard a nervous male voice say. My head shot up. Nash.

        “Oh, sorry I know those are your friends. I didn’t mean to make them seem like they were annoying.” I apologized, hoping he wouln’t get angry.

        “Yeah, whatever.” Nash Rudly answered, then gave me his order. I went on to make them. As i was finishing i noticed that the boys were gradually getting louder and louder, almost to the point of sceaming.

        “Conor…” Mia looked at me with a sympathetic look. I already knew what she was gonna say.

        “I’m on it.” I assured her, grabbing all the boys drinks and going over to her table.

        “Hey it’s you again.” The dark haired boy stated bluntly.

        “Okay one, my name is not ‘you’, and two, you all need to get out. Now.” I sassily informed them. “I warned you that you needed to quiet down but none of you listened. You’re disturbing the peace of the facilty, you’re going to have to leave. I’m sorry for any inconvenience.” I bluntly informed them and walked away.