Chapter 1 - Rhiannon

Rhiannon's POV

It was 2am when Josh called me. He was drunk and needed someone to pick him up from yet another party. He was my boyfriend and I was the responsible one. I pulled a hoodie over my pyjama top and shorts and took my car keys from the table.

I hopped into the car and drove to our friend Zayn's house. You could hear the music blaring from the other end of the street. I got out the car and walked through the open front door and forced my way through the sea of people.

"Rhizzle!!!," I heard my one of my best friends Tamara shout.

She was clearly drunk as she stumbled up to me.

"Why you didn't party with us?" she slurred leaning against the wall.

"I'll talk to you when you're sober Tammy. For now I'm just going to get Josh and go home," I told her.

"Fine," she grumbled turning away from me.

I pushed my way into Zayn's living room and found Josh laying on the sofa with a beer in his hand.

"Heeey baby," Josh said happily.

"Come on were going home now," I said pulling him up from the sofa and putting the beer on the table. I threw his arm over my shoulder and helped him to the car.

****************

"Morning Rhi," Alicia groaned as she crossed the road to walk with me.

"Good morning," I laughed at her.

"Please don't shout."

"That's why you don't have party's on a Thursday when you know you have school on a Friday," I told her still laughing.

Josh walked beside me and Zayn followed. They were both wearing dark glasses and they looked a mess.

"It is not a good morning," Zayn said matter of factly.

I just laughed and continued walking. Once we arrived at school we walked to our lockers that were all pretty close together. I opened mine and pulled my Maths and Science books out. As I shut the door I saw my other best friend Teagan at her locker which was next to mine. She looked exhausted and I assumed she had been at the party last night.

"Do we have Maths?" she asked me yawning, her Irish accent thick.

"Yes sleepy and Science," I replied.

She pulled out her books and walked with me to Maths. We took seats at the back and Niall walked in with Zayn. Niall was wearing jeans and a pale yellow t-shirt with moustaches printed on it. He had a black snapback on and black high tops. His shoes were on the wrong feet and his fly was open. There were few people in the class and Niall stumbled into the seat next to Teagan.

" Oh Niall!" T complained, swapping his shoes and doing up the zip on his jeans.

"Sorry love I didn't even know," he replied.

Zayn slumped into the seat next to me and slowly the room started to fill up. Finally the teacher walked in and sat at his desk.

"Mr Malik and Mr Horan will you please remove your glasses."

Neither boy moved. Teagan leant over and pulled the glasses off Niall's face revealing his bloodshot eyes. Zayn still didn't move.

"NOW MALIK," he shouted.

Zayn's hand flew up to his forehead. Clearly the shout hadn't improved his headache. He quickly removed the sunglasses and looked back down at his desk.

"Right I'm putting 50 equations on the board and you will have the hour lesson to work through them. If you don't finish you can continue for homework. The classroom filled with groans and mumbles and Zayn, Niall and T covered their ears trying to block out the loud noise. Teagan was good at Maths and didn't waste long before starting. Half way through the lesson I glanced over at her book to see how far she'd got. Question 43 compared to my 22. About 5 minutes later T put her pen down and looked over at Niall's book. She began explaining things to him and he slowly caught up. Once the bell rang I gathered my books and went to Science. I enjoyed Science. It was partly how I got to know Josh. He was my lab partner this year and we'd gotten talking and now we were dating.

"Everyone's going camping at the beach for the long weekend can we go?" Josh asked excitedly.

"Of course baby," I replied smiling.

"Thank you," he said giving me a quick kiss before taking his seat.

AN: it's pretty rubbish I know, no one really wants to know that Teagan is good at maths but I needed to introduce some characters before we get to the good stuff! Vote maybe? I'll update when this gets some reads but I'm not expecting loads - Alex