Mistake No. 1: Luke-land AHOY!

Percy POV

"Is there anyone who you feel you can trust, Percy? Anyone who you can tell secrets to who isn't your best friend? Someone who you feel like spending the rest of your life with? Someone you love?"

"Huh?" I asked. Annabeth and I had been hanging out at the beach, when she suddenly sprung this question on me. "Oh. Um, I don't really think so. The word love is a little too deep for a crush, and I don't even have a crush." I managed to reply. In truth, however, there was a person like that. You, I thought. "What about you?" I asked, mainly out of curiosity. She sighed dreamily, looking out at the sun setting over the sea. "Yes," she breathed. "It's Luke."

Of course, I thought drily. It just had to be Luke. Only the biggest player at Goode High.

"Really?" I asked, trying to sound nonchalant. "Why?" She sighed again, looking at me in exasperation. "Have you seen how good-looking and caring he is? With his handsome blond hair and...." I zoned out, not wanting to be caught up in a tirade of how nice Luke had been to her during their study dates.

"...and he's always so sweet, and asks for help so nicely, that..."

I couldn't take it anymore. I shot to my feet, Annabeth recoiling at the sudden movement. "Yes, I did hear how kind Luke is! Yes, I know that you love him and he's perfect, but that doesn't mean you have to talk about him all the time! So just SHUT UP ABOUT LUKE!" 

Annabeth was stunned, to say the least. But that look was soon replaced by anger as she shouted back, "What's it to you?! Why do you hate him so much, he's so nice!"

It was my turn to sigh. Annabeth never could see that he was a player. Trying to keep my cool, I answered, "I don't have anything against  him. However, I would appreciate it if you would actually notice I exist, instead of obsessing 24/7 over him. Alyssa says all you ever talk about at home is Luke. Just come out of Luke-land when you're with us!"

Annabeth looked ashamed, and said in a small voice, "You're right. I have been obsessing over Luke and not paying attention to you guys. Sorry, Seaweed Brain." And just like that, everything was fine between us. However, there was a lagging suspicion in my mind about what Annabeth thought of Luke, and if Wise Girl would fall victim to Player Boy.

Luke was a senior, (AN: I hv no clue how this thing works, I'm not from America) 17 years old while Annabeth and I were 15. Pedophilic much? You bet. Luke would get a new girl every three months, sugarcoat them while he cheated with a bunch of sluts, then break their hearts once they realized what was going on. His targets were mostly 14 and 15 year olds. He would introduce them to all kinds of vulgar activities, strip the unsuspecting girls of their virginity and then dump them. I did NOT want Annabeth to go that way, be treated like a rag doll. 

I had to keep her away from Luke. Call me overprotective, but I mean seriously, who would want their best friend to become an alcoholic and get brutally dumped?!?! Not me, that's for certain. My friends (and I had a lot of those) all said that I was extremely loyal. Who can blame me if I wanted the best for my friend?

So that was the first chapter and I have lots more planned out! Stay safe, demigods!

Cya pplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AL OUT!!!