CHAPTER EIGHT

EXTRAORDINARY

Bridget was staring at the photograph of her and her seven siblings. They were happy, even though Five there wasn't smiling at all. She knew that somehow he's happy with his siblings and he just doesn't want to and will not admit that in front of them.

If Five didn't leave, will everything doesn't change? Will he prevent Ben's death? And if Ben didn't die during those hellish missions, would they don't leave the Academy? Would the old man die peacefully without causing any chaos? Will they reunite every year? Will Luther wasn't commanded to live on the moon? Will Diego have a decent job and doesn't crack bones and skull every night in his vigilante outfit? Will Allison pursue her dreams without fooling and manipulating everyone? Will Klaus doesn't end up falling to the world of drugs? Will Vanya don't end up distancing herself from them? And lastly, will Bridget ends up living happy and peaceful with her siblings? All of that ends up on the redhead's mind.

But there are things that cannot change. The old man was dead and left a massive mystery for them to solve. Pogo and Grace are hiding something from them. Five wasn't on house every day and just go there whenever he needs help on something, which rarely happens.

A sound of gunshots awakened her as she quickly ran where the shots were heard. In a living room. Running, she found two masked guys firing in the living room. The two masked guys that she and Five fought the other day.

She did not hesitate to levitate some things and threw them to the masked people. The masked people turn at her, "The other one yesterday, come on!" And they fire towards Bridget's direction. Luckily, she ducks down to protect herself.

Diego notices the levitation and shouts, "What does that mean?!"

"No time for questions!" Bridget shouted back.

The two masked figures to continued to fire their guns as Diego and Bridget continued to hide in their places.

Suddenly, the gunshots stopped. She stood up and saw Luther and the other one laying to the ground. The other one was behind Luther as Bridget shouts, "Behind you!"

Fortunately, Allison was there as she kicks the other one but strangled by the masked guy. Bridget quickly ran to them as she levitates the guy up. Diego also ran to them and attack the guy, making them to release Allison. Luther threw the other one to the ground.

"Who the hell are these guys?" Allison questioned.

Bridget let out a breath before speaking, "Hazel and Cha Cha, according to Five." She looked at them, "Don't ask. I don't know. Five just told me."

Allison just touched her neck as Bridget supports her to stand.

"You're welcome," Luther told Diego.

"I was doing fine." Diego shot back.

"Oh, yeah, you and Bridget really had them⸺"

Diego cuts Luther off, "Ever hear of a rope-a-dope?"

But the other one fires a gun again as they all ducked down, "Oh, my God. These bitches really getting on my nerves."

"Get out of here now! Go!" Luther shouted as he, Allison, and Bridget ran towards a room.

Suddenly, they heard a tiny 'hello' of someone. They all looked at each other, "Shit, Vanya."

She was gonna go back but the other one was already there and fires a gun at the three of them. Luther looked at them and they all understood what he meant. Luther runs back to protect Vanya. Leaving Allison and Bridget with the psychopath.

The masked person fires at them as they ran towards the kitchen. They both ducked down under the billiards table as Allison and Bridget took the cue stick.

Allison first hit the masked person as Bridget strangle the person using the stick. The masked person elbows Bridget as Bridget holds the figure's shoulder as it screams, or she. Bridget slightly backs off, already feeling drained.

The person took the other cue stick and began to fight with Allison while Bridget tried to use her ability but couldn't. The masked person hit Allison that makes the women stumble upon the table.

Diego walked in, "You wanna rumor this psycho?"

Allison looked at the man as she wipes the blood on her mouth, "I don't need to because this bitch just pissed me off."

Bridget kicked the person on its stomach as the woman fall over. She put her feet to the person's throat.

"We just want... the boy..." The person said or well, woman.

"Well, in that case..." She said as she put her feet on the woman's throat furthermore. Allison and Diego looked and reached them. They were all occupied as the masked woman raised her gun and pull the trigger on the redhead's back.

The redhead was taken aback as Diego supports her, "Bridget. B-Brid...get..."

Allison fighting the woman in the masked and Diego's concerned face was the last thing she saw before she lost her consciousness.