Nodding her head, Lilith returned the grin, "I will."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Everyone had been dismissed near the middle of the afternoon, when all the tests had been finished. The atmosphere was slightly different than it had been, on that very morning: while some of the students looked relieved, and even happy, others looked like they had been given the worst news of their lives. Lilith assumed that, for some, that had been the case. 

Reyna and Christina had been mostly silent after their respective tests, and during their walk to the bus. It wasn't that usual for them to catch it; usually, they'd just walk, on the occasions that none of their parents showed up to drive them back to their section of town. However, they'd agreed on the former week that they'd spend this particular afternoon together, at Reyna's house, for it could be their last as a trio. As much as she tried not to dwell on it, Lilith's heart ached at the thought of possibly losing both of her best friends.

It didn't take the bus too long to arrive to Reyna's neighbourhood, where the three girls exited, along with a group of other teens wearing black and white. It was uncharacteristic for a group of Candors to be so quiet, or even be so deep in thought, but they were about to be faced with a decision that would change the rest of their lives. Not even the famed loudmouths were immune to the weight of the situation. 

Lilith's fingers gripped the strap of her bag tightly as they made their way to Reyna's home, just another suburban looking residence in the middle of so many others on the Candor sector. It was one of the houses with a garden that was always tended to, with bright green grass and pink and purple flowers surrounding the path to the front door. The girl fondly remembered when they used to spend whole afternoons taking care of the plants with Reyna's mother, Melinda. It had been shortly after Lilith's mother had finally returned to actually care for her children, and the girl didn't have to spend every waking moment looking out for Scott.

The house was silent when they entered, seeing as it was still early and neither of Reyna's parents had left work yet. Reyna released a sigh as she dropped her keys on the table next to the front door, while Christina followed Lilith into the living room, where they both sunk down on the white couch. Lilith furrowed her eyebrows as she watched Christina chew down on her lower lip, her eyes fixated on the wall ahead of them. Another sigh left Reyna's lips as she walked into the kitchen, and the brunette noticed that each step she took looked like it took an immense ammount of effort.

"You guys are weirdly quiet today," she finally broke the silence, raising an eyebrow when Christina looked at her.

"Are we?" the dark skinned girl responded, straightening her position on the couch. At Lilith's nod, she took a deep breath, "I think I just realized the full weight of this, you know."

"Yeah," Reyna agreed, stepping into the living room with three glasses of orange juice in her hand. She handed two of them to her friends, before settling into her favorite armchair. Her lips twisted in a grimace before she gulped down some of her drink, "I thought the worst part was before the test, when we had no idea of what actually expected us. But, now that we took it, it's being so much worse."

Christina nodded her head, "I know what I have to do, or rather, what I should do," she paused, "But I didn't expect it to be this hard."

"You do know that the choice is still yours, right?" Lilith spoke up, after a few seconds of silence, "The test is important, yeah, but nowhere does it say that we have to choose the faction it said we should. We still have the freewill to make that decision ourselves, the test is just there to guide us, in case we need it. If the results didn't satisfy you, I say fuck the test, make your own choice. It's your life and, as far as I know, you only have one."