"Doesn't mean he still can't hit on you–"

"Enough, Harry!" I hissed and placed both of my hands on his shoulders, stepping in front of him. His breathing was erratic as he tore his gaze away from Friday toward me, his body sagging a touch when we made eye contact. "What has gotten into you?"

"Like you said," Harry rasped with a sickly-sweet smile. "I'm drunk."

"You being drunk has nothing to do with the number of brain cells that you seem to currently be lacking," I muttered. "Apologize to Friday."

"What? No, I'm not going to apologize–"

"Harry," I said through clenched teeth. "Do it."

His tongue snaked out to wet his bottom lip and he took a breath, nostrils flaring, as I let go of his shoulders and stepped out from between the two men. He clenched his jaw, reaching out to grab my leg for what I could only assume was some sort of physical support, but I moved out of the way.

"I'm actually quite enjoying this," Friday said happily, gesturing between Harry and I. "Eli said you were a bit aloof and unapproachable, but I didn't realize he meant you were a whole ass dick."

I blew out a breath at his words, running a hand over my face and hopping in front of Harry at the last second. I felt him stand up behind me, but I grabbed his hands and guided them to my waist. His breathing was heavy against my chest, but as soon as he had me between his arms, he relented and sat back down on the toilet.

"You want me to apologize for that?" he growled into my back.

I sighed. "Yes."

"I'm sorry Friday," he spat. "That I thought you were trying to come onto May. I'm sorry that you can't respect privacy and walked right in here without–"

"No," I whirled around and took his hands off me. He frowned and rolled his eyes. I refused to look away from him, narrowing my gaze. "Apologize properly or I walk out of here."

Clenching his jaw once more, he flitted his eyes over my head to my co-worker who was now leaning against the door, still grinning. "I'm sorry," he said, his voice strained. "For being a dick, as you so nicely called me."

I tentatively glanced back at Friday, who just shrugged. Harry reached out to grab me once more, but I stepped toward the sink, fed up with the pissing contest that I had just been subjected to. He looked irritated as I leaned against the counter and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well I definitely did not expect the night to go like this," Friday proclaimed. "But I'm not disappointed, that's for sure!"

"Yeah..." I muttered. "I'm sorry I wasn't honest with you."

"Why?" he chirped. "I get why you kept it a secret. Wasn't my place to pry anyway."

I nodded and heard Harry let out a dry laugh.

"I know but..." I trailed off, unsure of how to proceed.

"Can I just ask," Friday continued. "What exactly are you guys? Like are you dating? Fucking?"

I coughed, a mix between choking on my own breath and silencing a whine. I glanced over at Harry, who opened his mouth to reply, not even bothering to look at me, but I stopped him before he got the chance to say anything.

"Friends," I clarified. "Just... good friends."

Friday sucked in a breath, not looking entirely convinced, but just rolled his eyes. "Fine." He grumbled. "Don't tell me. Either way, I won't say anything to Eli."